Remmington 1100 semi automatic

fulltimeshooter

They are excellent reliable shotties imho and easy to clean. My 1100 has been threaded to accept teague chokes. I paid less than £300 for mine which included some ammo spare chokes etc.

It cycles the carts i use really well and ive had no problems with it which isnt bad for a 20+ year old gun! Mine is used for hide shooting which is ideal.. Only minus point i can think about is that it is pretty heavy which might be a problem on driven shoots (or if your limp wristed lol :lol: ) I love mine and will be using it tomorrow morning to kill some more Blackies.. :good:

I had a Remington 1100 in about 1978. Kept it for a couple of years and then sold it. I then spent the next 20 odd years thinking that I should have kept it. :lol:

Bought a Remington 11-87 a couple of years ago and use it more than all my other shotguns put together.

Go for the 11-87 if you can find one at the right price. It is an improved version of the 1100 and does look a lot nicer than the 1100 which has got very dated woodwork.

I bought mine privately from someone who was moving house and wanted to get rid quick. It is a multichoke light contour in as new condition and I paid £100 quid for it with a few cartridges thrown in. :good:

Keep looking...the bargains are out there. :no:

Remington 1100's have won Olympic Gold at Trap and Skeet. They also won the World FITASC Sporting championship in the hands of the great Duncan Lawton. Nice bloke, one helluva shot. I've had three 1100's. Nice guns. They are heavier than lightweight autos, such as Franchi and Benelli, but better for it.

You won't go wrong with a Remmy 1100. I have one and it was my uncle's before that, he bought in the 60's.

The only thing i have had done is the port holes drilled out so i can shoot lighter shells.

Got the cutts compensator and three screw in chokes with it, OK a bit on the heavy side, but if your a man you will be able to have rough days with it :good::drinks:

maybe it is the cold weather in canada or that most hunters also shoot buckshot and slugs but from canada we for the most part hate rem semiautos theay have a reputation for not taking the abuse in the reciever i would sugest a Browning , winchester or a beretta