Another good day

motty

Following on from my success on Sunday, I thought it was a good idea to get out while I can (with the next few days forecasts for heavy rain and strong winds).

Last Tuesday I shot 60 pigeons on a barley stubble. While it was a decent day, I was disappointed to see a continuous flightline past my field heading off in the distance. I had a rough idea where they were going as I know all of the crops in the area.

After work yesterday I decided to find out exactly where they were going. It didn't take me long to find them. They were split between a couple of other barley stubbles, only fairly recently harvested. On inspection, the field I chose was (is) absolutely covered in barley. The situation looked quite promising. Whereas on Sunday I didn't think I would get a 100+ bag, this time, before even firing a shot, I pretty much expected to get one.

I arrived at around 08.30 this morning. I had to walk my gear to my position (locked gate) and quickly got set up. It was then that I spotted another decoyer a couple of fields over.

I put the trusty desert net up in the middle of the field and added 8 Fuds and a magnet. I got amongst the pigeons straight away. There seemed to be some big flocks around, and I avoided shooting when well over 100 landed en masse in the decoys. I added plenty of dead birds and a floater to bulk out the pattern.

The amount of birds I killed didn't reflect how many I saw. They seemed to decoy ok, but several hundred drifted just wide of my layout. The other decoyer didn't have as much shooting as me, and I've no idea how he got on.

I managed a fair few doubles and a couple of satisfying triples, but I shot quite poorly, really.

I will hopefully visit the field again before too long.

Today I killed 118 pigeons and 3 crows.

post-2090-0-99998900-1381343831_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-06606400-1381343957_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-70203600-1381344089_thumb.jpg

Top bag Motty ! just out of interest where did you pick your desert net up from ? Cheers

Dave

I got the net from ebay a few years back. It was around 8m x 4m. I cut it in half. Only cost about £20. I can't find bargains like that on there anymore.