A1 Decoys and the turbo flapper

I thought I would treat myself last weekend so I got online to A1 decoys and purchased a turbo flapper with timer.

It turned up Yesterday so I thought I would test it out on my small 12v battery but straight away I could see a problem.

The 2 arms that flap the wings were out of sync, when one was forward the other was on its backwards.

I thought I would attach the timer to see how that worked, No that didn't work either, just a continuous wobbly flapping.

Phoned them up today to discuss my issues and I got the reply of "did you break the wings on the pigeon first"

Anyway they are picking the flapper up and will exchange it so there goes my planned shooting trip at the weekend.

Has anyone else had faulty issues with these or from A1 at any time?

Worzel

You won't be disappointed with the flapper ( the working one) when it arrives mate, I don't use the magnet no more just the flapper, ps with a bit of noggin and some cable ties you can attach the hypa flaps to them and they work a treat no dead bird required,

Atb

Flynny

No Supplier can sell 1000's of items without any problems, but its how they respond to the problem that tells you how good they are.

This Supplier is collecting the item and exchanging it, that all sounds good to me. :yes:

Got no complaints on the customer service as they are going to change it quickly enough. :good:

Bought a load of the neo pro pigeon decoys from a1 site ,they looked good on YouTube and thought Ide try these when I got them they looked very dark in colour anyway tried them out in the field,when it's cloudy they look almost black and the birds won't come near.they are the worst decoy I've used .the only solution is to re paint the wings a lighter grey but why should you need to as they are not cheap to start with.beware anyone thinking of getting these .

Bought a load of the neo pro pigeon decoys from a1 site ,they looked good on YouTube and thought Ide try these when I got them they looked very dark in colour anyway tried them out in the field,when it's cloudy they look almost black and the birds won't come near.they are the worst decoy I've used .the only solution is to re paint the wings a lighter grey but why should you need to as they are not cheap to start with.beware anyone thinking of getting these .

I would magine lots of things look 'darker', when it's cloudy, what did they perform lke in sunny conditons?

I have bought many items from A1 Decoys and had a few problems which have been sorted right away with out any problems. AS companies go I have had much better customer service with these guys then many others. I continue to purchase from them knowing that if there is a problem they will put it right with out any hassel or excuses which is more than I can say about some companies.

I bought summat off little while ago, it came broke which is about right for me lol.

They replaced it within a week and when I bumped into em at the game fair they gave me a deal on some 2 ways I couldn't refuse.

Buy most my kit from Andy at AA now, cheaper and I'm a tight wad lol.

Karpman

• 2 weeks later...

Got no complaints on the customer service as they are going to change it quickly enough. :good:

Parcel force picked this flapper up last Monday (16th) thought I would have had my nice new trouble free flapper by now.

Have telephoned them 3 times now (3 different people) (3 different answers) to see when its arriving.

The long and short of it is the flapper I sent has to go somewhere to be tested and fixed and they will send the same one back to me. I have phoned again and asked for a new one before the weekend.

Is it me or should they have just sent me a new one anyway and dealt with the faulty one to re-sell.

First and last time I use this crowd.

:mad:

I bought the neoprene decoys aswell my problem is when it's breezy they all turn their tails into the wind.This just does'nt look right at all when you have a look at your pattern,emailed them with my concerns and received a reply that no one else has mentioned this.

That was it,nothing else very poor IMO

Parcel force picked this flapper up last Monday (16th) thought I would have had my nice new trouble free flapper by now.

Have telephoned them 3 times now (3 different people) (3 different answers) to see when its arriving.

The long and short of it is the flapper I sent has to go somewhere to be tested and fixed and they will send the same one back to me. I have phoned again and asked for a new one before the weekend.

Is it me or should they have just sent me a new one anyway and dealt with the faulty one to re-sell.

First and last time I use this crowd.

:mad:

They can fix or replace up to them.

• 3 weeks later...