The "Realy Tasty Bottled Beer" thread.

Frenchieboy

I have got to recommend Old Hooky from Oxfordshire; lovely medium beer which tastes better out of a bottle than on tap!!! :drinks:

I've tried Old Hooky and have to say I agree with you, it's quite a nice beer out of the bottle! :yes:

I've just tried a bottle of Badgers "Poachers Choice" and have to say that even though it smells a little scented it went down extremely wel, I would certainly have another one or four of these any time!, a very enjoyable beer to sit back and relax withl! :drinks:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried Old Hooky and have to say I agree with you, it's quite a nice beer out of the bottle! :yes:

I've just tried a bottle of Badgers "Poachers Choice" and have to say that even though it smells a little scented it went down extremely wel, I would certainly have another one or four of these any time!, a very enjoyable beer to sit back and relax withl! :drinks:

I told you poachers choice was lovely, I can't get enough of the stuff, best beer I've had in ages,

The wife is partial to the bottles of snakebite which is on the same bottled beer shelf and for a beer cider mix I must say is bloody nice to.

I told you poachers choice was lovely, I can't get enough of the stuff, best beer I've had in ages,

The wife is partial to the bottles of snakebite which is on the same bottled beer shelf and for a beer cider mix I must say is bloody nice to.

Yep, that Poachers Chioce was certainly a beer to remember and one that I will be stocking my cupboard with and enjoying again.

Edited by Frenchieboy

• 2 weeks later...

I fancied a beer last night after a nice hot shower so had a look in the "Goodies Cupboard" to see if SWMBO might have "treated me"! Well, what a lucky chap I am, she is really entering into the spirit of this thread (Or I have done something right for a change) and got me a few new bottles while out shopping. Not sure what I fancied so I decided to go for something different and settled for 2 bottles of Badgers Blandford Flier (With a Bite of Spicy Ginger) The "Bite of Spicy Ginger" might not be to everyones taste and I will admit that my first couple of sips were taken with a little trepidation but I have to admit that it really did give the beer a rather unique and extremely enjoyable taste. If ever you fancy something just a little different I can highly recommend this one guys! :good::drinks::good:

after a visit to tescos i ended up with Poachers Choice tonight , i was inmpressed with the refreshing taste . old crafty hen next :)

I to tried some poachers!! after seeing the reports here I thought hmm sounds decent, sadly its bleeding horrible like drinking raspberry juice argh not to my taste at all, so that one is off the list.

KW

I to tried some poachers!! after seeing the reports here I thought hmm sounds decent, sadly its bleeding horrible like drinking raspberry juice argh not to my taste at all, so that one is off the list.

KW

That's a fair enough comment as we all have different tastes, hence the saying "One mans meat is another mans poison"!

I guess it's really the old old thing, you will never know until you try it!