****** fireworks

fruity

I'm surprised I didn't end up in young offenders because of them! There was a really grumpy couple who lived at the other end of the estate to us who stopped us from playing football on the green. We used to buy as many cheap rockets as we could afford around bonfire night and launch them all at the poor ******'s garage door! :lol:

I'm surprised I didn't end up in young offenders because of them! There was a really grumpy couple who lived at the other end of the estate to us who stopped us from playing football on the green. We used to buy as many cheap rockets as we could afford around bonfire night and launch them all at the poor ******'s garage door! :lol:

You mean you never put them on his car bonnet and lit them :blush::whistling::oops:

Or fired them screaming mini rockets that go bang through the open doors of the local supermarket like some lads off the local estate.

Also moving buses seemed to draw them also for rockets, funny a couple of them went in the Army on a Tank driver other Artillery.

The good old days when lads were just lads messing about.

They are insessant with the sodding things for a longtime the last ten years.

Figgy

Good old hardy perennial thread this one. Soon to be followed by others predictably berating trick or treaters, penny for the guy, carol singers etc. In the interests of recycling and saving a few electrons, perhaps we should dust off one of the dozens of identical firework threads? ;-)

It seems like every other weekend that someone is celebrating something and letting fireworks off.

They seem to have lost their appeal to us now as they are the norm rather than just bonfire night and new year !

I know where people are coming from with the 'when I was young' stories.

I'm horrified now thinking back what we used to get up to with fireworks - the worse was pulling your coat sleeve down over your hand whilst holding an air bomb repeater and blasting away at trees in the local woods - very Star Wars !!