Won my first international shooting competition today

spandit

Nice one Spandit!

p.s. Are you saying that your shooting helped England to beat Northern Ireland in the East Sussex Rimfire challenge or that you had a pint as a side bet with your mate Alan about the outcome of the competition? I'm only asking because the title of the thread ( Won my first international shooting competition today) suggests that you were shooting and won the competition!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Then even better for you mate. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It would seem that you have sorted out a suitable ammunition for your .22LR then, :good: what did you settle for?

I got best results with Winchester SuperX, not bad with Eley but the CCI are still dismal. Going to trade in what's left for Winchester, although it's been recommended I try RWS.

I got best results with Winchester SuperX, not bad with Eley but the CCI are still dismal. Going to trade in what's left for Winchester, although it's been recommended I try RWS.

After using Eley HP subs for many years I have just recently switched to RWS HP subs - I have found the quality of the Eleys, especially the velocity, has been quite variable over the last year or so. The RWS subs now have the edge on accuracy at the longer ranges and perform well in both my semi-auto Voere and my Sako Finnfire. (My semi-auto has been tuned to run on subs.)

RWS HP Subs available from Chris Potter, T. Wells £45 per 500

Spandit mate, I don't know if you can get them or if you have tried them but I am particularly fond of using Magtec Sub-Sonics in my .22LR. I find them Consistently Accurate and hard hitting on rabbits. They might (If you can get hold of some) be worth a try!

p.s. Glad you enjoyed your pint - :drinks: These Northern Irish lads don't like it up em! :lol::no::lol::whistling::lol:

Spandit mate, I don't know if you can get them or if you have tried them but I am particularly fond of using Magtec Sub-Sonics in my .22LR. I find them Consistently Accurate and hard hitting on rabbits. They might (If you can get hold of some) be worth a try!

p.s. Glad you enjoyed your pint - :drinks: These Northern Irish lads don't like it up em! :lol::no::lol::whistling::lol:

I'm with that, they work a treat in mine and have a Big HP which really does the business.

I have used these for probably about 7 years, they used to be about the cheapest you could buy, but the prices have gone daft now and they now stand at amongst the most expensive you can buy. They had a reputation from the past of poor quality, and I have heard many a historical tale, but since the days the box changed to Blue colour they have been excellent for me!

They stand as second or third choice now simply because of the price, Winchesters and RWS are my primary .22lr Sub these days!