Decent Flask

ollie

Mmm. I would question that guarantee. Mine after 9 months didn't keep my tea hot. So went online to find out what to do.

Sent the flask off and waited.

And waited

And waited

Three months later I phoned them and they looked it up. Found my paperwork and said

'Well, the guarantee is lifetime but we don't make that flask anymore'

I said I'm not fussy and I would have any 1.5 litre flask they have.

2 months past and I chased them up many times. I ended up writing a proper stroppy letter (it became a matter of principle) and finally they agreed to send me a flask and did.

Gone back to supermarket own now. £3 and when they give up I just get a new one

unlucky,

Step Dad had an old Stanley flask (40 year's+ old) The top, stopper broke, it was sent back to Stanley the replaced the stopper together with an up to date flask of simalar size. And all free of charge. That's customer service.

Just to add, these have been in business for just over 100 years.

Edited by Dougy

post-12398-0-69762600-1383816509_thumb.png

Stanley. And a life time guarantee.

+1 had one for about 3yr now

first one I got must have been faulty but it was swapped no problems and been more than happy with replacement like said fill with boiling water 30 mins before you put your coffee tea or what ever in and hey ho still hot long after I get home .

once if filled with just boiling water for coffee and packet soup but left it in my jeep when we swapped transport to go to mates shoot and next morn the water was still luke warm

Edited by hodge911

Yep. Thermos Work Bottle mine's called. Good little mug on it too. Well insulated. Keeps the tea hot for ages when you're outside in the cold. I only put boiling water in mine though, and take the makings in seperate jars. Water stays hot longer, you get a better brew and the flask doesn't go rancid. You can still make a piping hot brew 12 hours later. Sometimes if I forget to empty it when I get home the water is still too hot to touch next morning.

I used to do same when in building trade, flask of boiling water and 'dry goods' separate.

Nowt worse than a 'gone off brew'

Better now tho with the pour through stoppers.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife got me a Stanley - 0.5L model. My advice - avoid. Doesn't keep anything warm. I boiled a kettle, filled it, poured it out (to warm up the flask) and then filled it again. Tested at 93C. 4 hours later, tested and it was 38C. Ridiculous. A quick google finds others with the same problem. It seems that the Stanley brand was sold in 2002, and production went to China, and it has been downhill since then.

Read here:

http://offgridsurvival.com/stanleythermos/

I'm going to have to take this back..