What a lovely world.

Seamus

Well this is what greeted me when I arrived at my office this morning.

post-25830-0-49234500-1384862976_thumb.jpg

post-25830-0-25299700-1384863001_thumb.jpg

All four wheels stolen (with tyres only a few weeks old, sigh); locking wheel nut pinched by smashing the drivers side back window. This was done in the middle of a business park in Warwick over night. My car gets left here once a month max (although never again!), so has to be an opportunist theft.

If anyone hears of any 20" Audi 5 spoke grey coloured alloys for sale in the Warwick/Leamington Spa area please be sure to let me know.....

Just fills me with joy :sad1:

Yep office car park.

CCTV - not one of the offices around me, including mine, has it... The horse has slightly bolted but we've ordered it this morning..

I especially like the way they managed to miss the bricks at the front..

Edited by Seamus

Well this is what greeted me when I arrived at my office this morning.

All four wheels stolen (with tyres only a few weeks old, sigh); locking wheel nut pinched by smashing the drivers side back window. This was done in the middle of a business park in Warwick over night. My car gets left here once a month max (although never again!), so has to be an opportunist theft.

If anyone hears of any 20" Audi 5 spoke grey coloured alloys for sale in the Warwick/Leamington Spa area please be sure to let me know.....

Just fills me with joy :sad1:

Looks to me that they knew exactly when to strike,and had recced the area previously and knew there wasn't any cctv to worry about, so I reckon it was a planned theft rather than opportunist and maybe stolen to order :hmm: whichever mate thev'e got some neck :yes: BB

Will be charva scum even when caught nothing happens until they've been at court several times

Happened to me several years ago they caused £1500 worth of damage to car

The two of them got caught went before the magistrates and got fined £250 each crown gets the fine and im left to foot the repair bill

Recovery truck has just turned up with 4 spare wheels and the wheel nuts he's brought don't fit. The thieves took mine with them, including the locking wheel nut key. "They usually leave them"..

It's kind of funny, but not..

Fortunately aside from the glass inside and the window, the bodywork is all off the ground. Probably bounced off the ground when it fell off the bricks though.. Sigh

Very sorry for you, it's sickening when things like this happens.

There's a lot to be said, sadly, for not having a car that attracts undesirably attention; when we used to live in London a couple of mates gave up on owning nice motors, if they didn't get keyed or the aerials snapped off then bits would go missing and frequently windows would be smashed looking for anything expensive that may be locked away inside. They both ended up buying Mundaneo's or similar..

Mind you, that doesn't exempt you from the attentions of the scumbags, I had a Punto (a total bucket) and a Clio (again, an utter bucket), both were nicked from outside the house by simply prying the doors open, as the panels appeared to be have been pressed from metalised toffee. They both ended up dumped in Hackney were the local plod, being utterly useless, stuck a big 'Police Aware' sticker on each one with the same result both times.

By the time the local dimwits, sorry Police, had called me another set of scum had managed to re-nick the cars and go for another joy filled journey round East London (on the second occasion I did ask the dimfolk whether they had put a big sticker on it, to which they said they had and I did mention that this was pretty much like putting a big sign on it saying 'Stolen, hot-wired and ready for fun, just add fuel' but they didn't seem to agree with me and typically, knew better).

Let's hope you can get it all fixed with no lasting damage.

Edited by mick miller

Police weren't interested at all; they asked me if I'd spoken to the neighboring offices regarding CCTV, which I had, so apparently the lines of inquiry were exhausted.

Like BBQ idea, except they only bothered to put one side on bricks the other was left on two jacks (one of which went through the passenger floor). I put the four bricks they used back into the gaps on the edge of the car park...

If there is a bright side I suppose I now have 2 spare jacks.