What to do when at work

busa2003

Afternoon all,

A quick question, what does everyone do with thier dog(s) when they are at work?

We are looking at getting a cocker and the thing that is stalling us is what to do with him/her while we are at work, especially when it is a nipper?

Any advise would be good

cheers

leave them with plenty to drink and something to pass the time. Hiding food is a good one, and freezing food items in a kong keeps them occupied for hours. Especially with them being young their tongue is not long enough to extract all the frozen food...

Toys and bones are also a good tool.

Toys and bones are also a good tool.

As is a crate - moreover, it's the only tool you should consider if you're leaving a pup alone during the day. As a "nipper," it also needs you tailoring a work schedule to come home once or twice during the day and let it outside to relieve itself.

MG

i take mine to work with me, section off an area in the back of the van for her. she gets a right bag on if she has to stay at home, she's been at work with me since she was 8 weeks old. We do some training on my breaks

Same Here, my girl has always come to work with me.

On the very rare occasion that she cannot be with me then she is crated with water to knock over and a chew toy.

HB

If there is no one at home to look after a house bound pup left longer than 4 hours I would seriously consider the dogs needs before your own and consider if you should be getting one at all.The dog will more often than not develop serious separation issues.

Best bit of advice on here unless you are going to let it live outside

Il be having the same problem in a few months, just bought my first house,and my year old springer stays at home with my girlfriends boxer. They get on like a house on fire, but when we move she'll be on her own all day, was thinking about buying some sort of kennel for her ? I'm actually quite worried about it :/

If there is no one at home to look after a house bound pup left longer than 4 hours I would seriously consider the dogs needs before your own and consider if you should be getting one at all.

The dog will more often than not develop serious separation issues.

There is still other options providing they are committed. You could find a really good dog sitter or dog walker providing they are willing to stick to a certain routing although this be a bit of a mine field.