air pistol shooting

chrisjpainter

This is the one to go for if you want something that feels like a real gun it can take a lot of practice to hit the target but when you pull the trigger you can feel something happening and that feels good. I have had lots of air pistols from expensive PCPs to C02 guns and nice though they are when you come to shoot them you pull the trigger and they go pop the pellet hits the target I found it quite boring after a wile if you are competing with other people at a club it can be fun but for having a plink in the back garden I enjoy shooting my old .22 webley premier best of all. :good::good:

Could I recommend that it would be worth you joining BBS as they have a good second hand section but you have to join to be able to vew it and buy one.

You're right there fella, and the seniors and premiers are much,much nicer than the tempest, hurricane etc. far better made and sweeter shooting in my opinion. My senior is running at over 5 ft lb as well, so it packs a fair punch.

I do still fancy a umerax 586..... Wembley nemesis was the last springer I shot iirc had a go with some proper cf pistols on holiday and I would if could....

Hi

The Nemesis is actually an SSP (Single Stroke Pneumatic) and is very accurate (had a couple over the years!)..

my pissles!

Webleys..

Pissles1.jpg

I've acquired a couple more since I took the pic above..

Diana mk4 and Original mod2..

Pissles3.jpg

Walther LP53..

WaltherLP53a.jpg

BSA Scorpion (Centre) and BSA 240 Magnum (other two)..

Pissles2.jpg

Beretta mod92fs

Beretta92fs1.jpg

This one was rather fun!! (Baikal MP654 Makarov)

BK3.jpg

BK1.jpg

Was made an offer I couldn't refuse!! :lol:

John :)

Hi

The Nemesis is actually an SSP (Single Stroke Pneumatic) and is very accurate (had a couple over the years!)..

True, what is the difference between a senior and a tempest? My uncle i think has a tempest (or had) and a nemesis... great fun

The WH 45 are excellent full power pistols i use one for close range Ratting (ie) when putting dait down.

The HW 45 in .177 has the two stage cocking for target shooting. Half power and full power.

The HW 45 in .22 only has one stage full power and clean kills Rats at close range.

You could always get a .177 and a .22 barrel they take two min to change. Barrels around £30.

The Crosman 2240 in .22 is cheap and dose the job CO2 50 shots per powerlet.

Very close to 6 ftlb and pops rats clean at close range.

Loads of Pistols out there but you can`t beat Weihrauch build quality.

Won't swapping barrels put you over the limit for muzzle energy?

No it shouldn`t do has the .177 and the .22 have the same Piston. Air tube. Spring. Same part numbers.

Saying that it would be wise to put it over a Chronograph has with any Air Pistol or Rifle.

I have 2x Pistols. 3x spring Rifles. 7x PCP Rifles. And Chrono them all at every oil & clean.

With a lot of Rifles the Air tube is bigger or a shorter piston is fitted has to increase air volume.

Has .177 needs more air to get up to legel limit power.

But the HW 45 has the same Air tube. Piston. Spring. in the .177 .20 .22 All the same part numbers.

But i would put it over as chrono just to be safe.

looks a handy piece mark like the handle.... do you use it much?? i have had a few over the years but they tend to sit there...

Yes it's a nice HW45 with Custom Grips and I bought it with these nice different grips.

I just mainly plink with it Andy but definately powerful enough to kill Rats at 10-15 yards.

Yes it's a nice HW45 with Custom Grips and I bought it with these nice different grips.

I just mainly plink with it Andy but definately powerful enough to kill Rats at 10-15 yards.

Yep, I love the grips Mark. Is yours a limited edition custom piece from new or were the grips retro fitted by a previous owner?

There`s loads of grips available for the HW 45,

It is so close to the real thing the 1911 Colt.

You can buy 1911Colt grips and they fit the HW 45.

One gun I should never have parted with was the HW 75.
It was brilliant. No Recoil. Very Accurate paper puncher. 4 ftlb.

Not Suitable for vermin but an outstanding paper target pistol.

There`s loads of grips available for the HW 45,

It is so close to the real thing the 1911 Colt.

You can buy 1911Colt grips and they fit the HW 45.

One gun I should never have parted with was the HW 75.

It was brilliant. No Recoil. Very Accurate paper puncher. 4 ftlb.

Not Suitable for vermin but an outstanding paper target pistol.

1911 grips will fit the HW45 perfectly?