Tough mudder

washerboy

They are pretty good fun, i have done about half a dozen various ones around the country ranging from 5K to a really tough 10 miler in the lakes.

You get very cold, very wet and very muddy but its a great atmosphere and for me it gives me something to keep focused on and out of the fridge !

I will be entering a Major Series event at Bramham near Leeds in March - Its too cold for it until then !!

Enjoy if you do decide to do it.

I done it last year and it was great, going to do it again this year. Everyone will help you if you are struggling. Try and do it with someone of equal fitness. It really is mind over matter for the majority of it. The ice bath is the worst bit. One tip, don't wear a new top but if you do wear plasters on your nipples!

I did cheshire also. The difficulty depends on the course and your fitness. I am fairly fit and i didn't think cheshire was too bad for most of it. The course wasn't especially hilly, but the were a couple mud bogs that were tough to get through (right before electric eel was the worst and wasn't on the course map). Most of the obstacles are mind over matter. The electrical ones, the jumping into water (from height or into cold), slogging through the mud, etc aren't physically the toughest. The run isn't bad since you set your own pace. There are a couple muscle specific obstacles that take somework. The monkey bars were impossible for me since they were so slippery. The high walls require upper body strength and teamwork. Everest require SPEED!

With a good team, it was a great experience. It is a well run event and there is a very team atmosphere (non competitive).

Thanks

Rick