combination gun

eddoakley

they are brill. Ajoy to tote. I had two, 22mag/20g and a 22H/12g.

Best on the open sights and then the shotgunning is normal, set the rifle sights high so all the target is visible above your sights.

The barrel selector is on the hammer and is easily operated just by feel.

Licencing was easy.

The ridgid barrels make the rifles very accurate.

Good bit of kit.

U.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Anyone know what they are worth? Cant see any on gt.

thinking of putting a red dot sight or low mag scope on it. Anyone done that?

I scoped them but soon took them off. The iron sights are plenty good enough. You may be surprised just how good you can shoot on the opens!

U.

One type of gun that I would really like to try. How often do you go for a walk and have a perfect bird fly over, only to be holding a rifle, and vice versa. There is a chap on the BBS who showed me his German drilling. Double 16 bore with a 7x57R barrel. He's also got a .22lr barrel sleeve for one of he 16 bore barrels. Awesome!

I had a Savage .22WMR/20 BORE briefly... It seems the ideal solution but turned out not to be, at least for me anyway.

To make the most of the rifle aspect, it needs a scope, which then renders the shotgun part almost useless ( The gun had a warning stamped on it to not use shotgun barrel if scope fitted )

I have put a scope on a shotgun before. A red dot thing on a mossberg pump. That worked fine and didnt make me shoot any worse.

I was thinking of something like a whitetail classic 1-6×20 in the hope that 1or 2 mag would be ok for the shotgun and enough for 30-40 yard bunnies?

Like I saidI bought it on a whim and now need to decide what to do with it.

Edd

Ther eis nothing wrong with the open sights.....it is very difficult to come off using a glass scope and go to open sights IN OUR HEADS!

After being use to seeing all that detail in a scope it is hard to comprehend seeing so little! In actual fact by setting them to shoot high you place the target on top so you can see the target, no you won't see the tick knibbling the ear of what your aiming at but to be honest it is very often a distraction all that extra detail.

luntsrabbit002_zps6cff6536.jpg

Going dark, about 75yds, rubbish eyes and rubbish glasses!

179steps003_zpsef2e8b65.jpg

About 180yds head shot.

711b2352-3a65-4984-97e4-4f15b6d46b50_zps

About 130yds, neck shot.....was trying for the head!

Binoculars help no end!

U.

I have a 7x57R/12G on top is a quick release WTC in 1.5-5x20 just told them i wanted it for woodland stalking and squirrels. FAC came back with 'Deer'. i need to put it back in an change it but for now it is fine for what i need.

NJC, if he ever gets if sorted out, has a 8x60/16G/16G drilling. it looks a very very nice bit of kit but still waiting to shoot the rifle.