Hand car washes and screen smearing

keg

I use our local hand car wash and they do a great job but as we have moved into winter, despite new wiper blades, I notice that the front and rear screens seem to smear more.

I wondered if this is down to the "wax" they finish the car off with?

Has anyone else noticed this?

We have a brilliant car wash near here. They look like Eastern European gangsters but they're actually really nice guys and do a brilliant job.

They are Albanian at mine, i know them pretty well because i go that often lol. A couple of them tell me about how life was back home and how they love working here.

I wont bore anyone with the details but I am certainly glad i was born here!

A few round us but they are nasty, inspect your motors a little but closer and look at all the swirls left by the dirty cloths used over and over again.

Yuk, I'd rather do my own car to be honest.

Oh and re the windows your right it will be the products they use I'd of thought.

My company car gets washed anywhere - on the whole most places are ok.

You just need to watch things like acid wheel cleaners as they discolour plastic trim. My wheel nut covers are now more grey spotty than black !

Personal vehicles including the wifes car get done by me at home - jet wash, bucket and sponge with decent wash additive.