Feo..where do you shoot

me .auchterhoues country sports Dundee

Feo..where in Dundee, can you narrow that down, Dundee is a big place

me.off the top of my head not sure

Feo. when were you last their

me august....

Feo..I will check it out an see what comes up

she checked out my guns,cabinet,cartridges storage etc

she said..... will need to contact your doctor an if She doesn't see a problem you will get your certificate

in the post....

I've had AF since 1995 this is my third renewal..

Worst interview I've ever had...in to much of a hurry...think she was in for about 20 mins if that.

Sure I read here I didn't have to give her my SGC Not up till February...

I may have misunderstood, but you have handed over your existing certificate, you don't have your new one but you are still in the possession of your guns?

If so you need to be firmly asking for it back or for a temporary permit for your guns.

Yes...am sure she said it was part of the process,wasn't till she was away I thought,If I need to get cartridges etc no certificate.

Yes...am sure she said it was part of the process,wasn't till she was away I thought,If I need to get cartridges etc no certificate.

Never mind carts mate, without possession of your current certificate the FEO has put you on a very sticky wicket with regards to possessing any guns at the moment - I would get on the phone to them / your shooting organisation ASAP.

In fact she has put you in the position of breaking the law.

Needs to be rectified asap.

And she is a FEO?? The mind boggles.

Never mind carts mate, without possession of your current certificate the FEO has put you on a very sticky wicket with regards to possessing any guns at the moment - I would get on the phone to them / your shooting organisation ASAP.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear rather than using a euphemism - agreed.

You are effectively in illegal possession of your shotguns as of yesterday when she took away your existing certificate. I am not making that statement as a criticism of you, but you need to sort it today!

I may have misunderstood, but you have handed over your existing certificate, you don't have your new one but you are still in the possession of your guns?

If so you need to be firmly asking for it back or for a temporary permit for your guns.

You are still a certificate holder until such time as the existing cert expires so you aren't in illegal possession. It causes problems in buying ammo and proving that you aren't in unlawful possession though.

This is not the way in which it should happen. There is no need for the police to take your existing cert from you.

J.

She hasn't. It's not an offence to be in possession of firearms or ammo without the physical certificate to hand. As long as you have a valid (as in not expired) certificate then you do not break the law.

J.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear rather than using a euphemism - agreed.

You are effectively in illegal possession of your shotguns as of yesterday when she took away your existing certificate. I am not making that statement as a criticism of you, but you need to sort it today!

As per my above - he isn't.

J.

Just of the phone to.....GLASGOW FIREARMS & EXPLOSIVES LICENSING..

It is normal for them to take your old Sgc before it expires....you just have to tell them you need it.. :blush:

my original Sgc will be sent in the post

but it must be sent back before you get your new one.... :good:

yup i just got a letter from Hampshire police about my renewal for SGC. told me to send them the original certificate in with the renewal application & advised me that I just wouldn't be able to buy shells until i got it back.

From the current HO guide on the subject:

10.51 If a certificate expires before a renewed certificate has been issued and the certificate holder has behaved in a reasonable manner returning the forms in good time, a temporary permit (Section 7 Permit) should be issued by default. With regard to renewal, the applicant may submit a photocopy of their certificate and retain the expiring certificate in order to be able to buy ammunition.

J.

It doesn't matter if it's common practice or your FLD asks for the return of your existing on reapplying, you don't have to hand your current certificate back. Once you have received your new SGC/FAC you can then return it or (correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's correct) call the FLD to tell them you have destroyed it.

Just of the phone to.....GLASGOW FIREARMS & EXPLOSIVES LICENSING..

It is normal for them to take your old Sgc before it expires....you just have to tell them you need it.. :blush:

my original Sgc will be sent in the post

but it must be sent back before you get your new one.... :good:

HI My original Sgc arrived in the post today :)

Took this of the Met Police website today, there is more but I just copied that which is relevant to the shotgun application process.

APPLICATION FOR THE GRANT OR RENEWAL OF A FIREARM AND/OR
SHOTGUN CERTIFICATE

1.You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences, binding
overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue
of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent
under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions
for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.
2.Applications must be accompanied by four identical photographs of you and sized 45mm x 35mm.
The photographs must be full face and without a hat and must be a current true likeness. Ordinary
passport style photographs are suitable for this purpose. A computer generated likeness is
acceptable if it is full face, against a plain background and printed on good quality gloss or matt
paper. If you are applying for both a firearm and a shotgun certificate you need only submit four
photographs.
3.One of the photographs must be signed in ink, on the back by you, the applicant. Each of the
referees must endorse a further separate photograph, in ink with her/his signature and the date
the likeness was compared.
4.Unless otherwise advised by the police, you should post or take the completed form together with
the fee and photographs to the police firearms licensing department. In the case of an application
for renewal of a shotgun certificate, the current certificate or a signed and dated recent copy
should be included with the application.
5.Personal health and medical declaration. You must disclose any physical or mental health condition
that may affect your ability to safely possess and use a firearm (including a shotgun). This includes
for example epilepsy, stroke, stress related illness, depression, alcoholism, heart disease, cancer
etc. If in doubt, consult your GP.
6.Where an application is successful a letter will be sent to your GP and where there is good reason a
medical report may be required.

yup i just got a letter from Hampshire police about my renewal for SGC. told me to send them the original certificate in with the renewal application & advised me that I just wouldn't be able to buy shells until i got it back.

Strange, the letter I received from Winchester last week told me a signed photocopy of the original was fine.

:hmm:

I'm in Hampshire too. The letter from Winchester said a photocopy was fine.

In fact I sent my renewal off on the Tuesday, and I had it back signed on the following Monday, so was slightly shocked how quickly it was renewed!

Cheers

Hayden

Astounding, the covering letter said to allow ten weeks!