Auto safety

Dominicrobed

Apparently its a very easy job I was told when I got my silver pig and was considering getting it removed but in the end I just got used to it. Have a word with Chris from here http://thanetshootingsupplies.co.uk/services.html He`ll be able to sort you out :good:

Cheers and will do

Perhaps to some another silly question. "Why would you want to?"

Because it will be my clay gun and I don't want to switch it off 50 time every time I shoot !!

My sporting beretta 686e didn't have auto safety when I had it and neither dose my Maxus.

You should never load a gun outside the cage at each stand so an auto safety is not needed.

Didn't think this was a hard question should of known better really.

Silly place to ask wasn't it

My sporting beretta 686e didn't have auto safety when I had it and neither dose my Maxus.

You should never load a gun outside the cage at each stand so an auto safety is not needed.

I thought it an interesting question. I now have an answer. I only rough shoot with no experience of clays and always regard a safety as a integral part of my discipline. We all learn something every day. Thank you.

If people dont ask, others dont learn,

I didnt think it was silly

:shaun:

Safeties are a bad idea in terms of safety as it can encourage unsafe gun movements "oh it's fine the safeties on" etc if guns didn't have safeties would they be less safe? Or more safe? A loaded gun is potentially dangerous an unloaded one isn't ....

Clay shooters should never have a loaded gun unless ready to shoot (trap being a slight exception where guns are often loaded but left open)

Safeties are a bad idea in terms of safety as it can encourage unsafe gun movements "oh it's fine the safeties on" etc if guns didn't have safeties would they be less safe? Or more safe? A loaded gun is potentially dangerous an unloaded one isn't ....

Clay shooters should never have a loaded gun unless ready to shoot (trap being a slight exception where guns are often loaded but left open)

And seatbelts encourage unsafe driving?!!!

Another level of fail safe can't be a bad thing if you're shooting. Not really important if you only shoot clays, but if you do a bit of everything they're worth having and just get used to pushing the safety off as part of your gun mount.

It's a quick job, but make sure it's done properly - I have it on good authority that one gunsmith (not one I'd ever use!) botches this job every time, so ask EXACTLY how they will do it an if it can be put back.

Cheers and will do
Because it will be my clay gun and I don't want to switch it off 50 time every time I shoot !!

Anyway, if you can't be bothered to click off the safety I assume you have a semi auto-as you can't be bothered to open the gun to take the cartridges out either?? :innocent::lol:

It's a quick job, but make sure it's done properly - I have it on good authority that one gunsmith (not one I'd ever use!) botches this job every time, so ask EXACTLY how they will do it an if it can be put back.

Anyway, if you can't be bothered to click off the safety I assume you have a semi auto-as you can't be bothered to open the gun to take the cartridges out either?? :innocent::lol:

Ok cheers I will find out first thanks and yes about the auto lol but picking them up is a pain ha ha

And seatbelts encourage unsafe driving?!!!

Another level of fail safe can't be a bad thing if you're shooting. Not really important if you only shoot clays, but if you do a bit of everything they're worth having and just get used to pushing the safety off as part of your gun mount.

Hardly, "but if you do a bit of everything they're having" why exactly much safer to unload the gun than to put the safety on. The safety doesn't stop the pin striking the primer, it locks the trigger from the sears, safeties can fail and guns can go off when the trigger isnt pulled (worn or badly cut sears are the most common cause)

http://www.countryside-alliance.org.uk/ca/file/GUN_SAFETY.pdf

Remember that the safety catch on many shotguns only locks the triggers and does not necessarily prevent the gun from firing. Only you can do that by unloading it.

Treat every firearm as if it is loaded and never point the muzzles at something you don't want to kill........