gamebore rhino

greylag1

They are indeed magnums.

I take it you are talking steel? I have used them to kill a few pinks this season. They do the job and pattern pretty well through my Terror choke.

What exactly is wrong with your homeloads? I don't have any problems with mine (apart from the odd dodgy crimp).

has anybody tried the gamebore rhino 10g loads? are they magnum loads?

iv been having trouble with the home loads recycling through the auto and was going to try these instead.thanks in advance

watch the shot sizes in the steel shells BB are only 4mm not us size4.5mm if you want bigger shot get shot size A,s

hi guys had to start new topic as iv tried replying to o.p but doznt appear.

thanks motty will give them a try.

the prob i was having with homeloads was they would not recycle through my auto(browning) 1st shot ejected case but 2nd round would not fully load into chamber,i would have to push slide forward to finish the reloadind cycle.

the load was 45 to 48 grains of csbo powder 209 primer,42gram of t shot.the load was excellent gave great killing power and patterned well. when we first started with this load we had no probs with reloading,then they stopped doing csbo,claygame in hull got us some when they started to produce it again but despite the loads being the same it will not recycle in my auto.we have been told the powder is exactly the same as the original but it looks different(more coarse than original) and it has never reloaded properley.

any ideas welcome thanks dave

hi guys had to start new topic as iv tried replying to o.p but doznt appear.

thanks motty will give them a try.

the prob i was having with homeloads was they would not recycle through my auto(browning) 1st shot ejected case but 2nd round would not fully load into chamber,i would have to push slide forward to finish the reloadind cycle.

the load was 45 to 48 grains of csbo powder 209 primer,42gram of t shot.the load was excellent gave great killing power and patterned well. when we first started with this load we had no probs with reloading,then they stopped doing csbo,claygame in hull got us some when they started to produce it again but despite the loads being the same it will not recycle in my auto.we have been told the powder is exactly the same as the original but it looks different(more coarse than original) and it has never reloaded properley.

any ideas welcome thanks dave

you should gave no probs there thats a good pile of powder if the shells are hanging up half in the chamber it could be flared crimps that are tight in the chamber or the return spring in the stock is past its best or in need of a good clean

I'll second what muncher says, i had the same problem with a bunch of 3" 12 bore i loaded up on a lee, crimp flared and wouldnt cycle properly. Tapered them and they cycle find

I'll third what "muncher" and "Big mat" and "uk fowler" say also....if your loader doesnt have a taper tool with it, buy a seperate one and mount it in a press...as soon as you've tapered one you'll see the obvious difference it will have made to the case, other than that its got to be cleanliness issues with the guns operating system!.....Happy new year to you "Big Mat" and all the others on the site.

best wishes to all....Dale.

cheers lads,have been looking up the gaep finishing tool think this is prob the way to go.

other comment that rings a bell is the mag tube not as "free flowing" as i would like.

new topic..... how the **** to you get into those,i usually use loads of wd40 from both ends but no telling whats inside there

cheers lads,have been looking up the gaep finishing tool think this is prob the way to go.

other comment that rings a bell is the mag tube not as "free flowing" as i would like.

new topic..... how the **** to you get into those,i usually use loads of wd40 from both ends but no telling whats inside there

To clean your magazine tube take the stop out and run your 10 bore brass barrel cleaner up and down it as you would with your barrel, I think this should work as I do it with my 12 bore semi auto, hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

happy fowler!!! have bought a gaep finishing tool as recomended.arrived yesterday so loaded a few up this morning and just come back from the farm.kicked like a mule and reloaded everytime no prob. out with the pattern board tommorrow to see how they look.cheers for the info lads,off to scotland in 2 weeks so the geese better beware,im fully armed this year :devil: