rucksack for wildfowling

ady 1975

after a ruck sack had a few mesh decoy bags but dont like them been using my carp fishing ruck sack but after 15 years of use it gave up the other day what i did like it had a peice of thin ply in the back so the decoys never dig in my back on long walks was looking at some army ones but un sure and dont want to waist my cash any idears or links would be great cheers chaps

Besides bulk decoys a good fishing rucksack kicks Butt compared to over priced poorly made shooting ones. I have been using an old tatty wychwood one for about 25 years fishing and shooting (not kidding). Its torn and all the zips are corroded up but its way better for comfort, don't ask what I carried off in it tonight It wasn't bird, mammal or fish but it was a darn heavy bit of salvage.

Have a mind to modify and copy the basic design of that old rucky for shooting but wonder if there is that big a market and that's the Rub you can sell a gazillion more Carp / fishing rucksacks than you can special wildfowling ones (economies of scale)

Get yourself a army Bergen they are ideal for long walks and they hold a good few decoys

+1

I have a a 110L german army bergen, it takes 6 mallard and 6 teal, my lunch, a flask, torch, spare clothes, cartridges, game back and some other bits and to top it off its actually got its own waterproof cover so its keeps it nice and dry if the weathers bad!

Endicotts sell ex-Dutch army Bergens quite cheaply, depending on grade. These are actually a Lowe Alpine Sting in dpm - excellent quality, adjustable for size (yours), takes standard side pouches to take capacity up to about 80l.

I bought a grade 2 for £35 plus delivery, and it has been an excellent load carrier, taking snorkelling gear down to dive sites and moving vast quantities of my daughter's stuff back from college :)

(No connection with vendor other than as a happy customer)

I'm looking for one that would take about 5 geese ish and my flask. What size would you go for ? Would be helpful if waterproof too.

Go big, 90+ litres. I don't see the point in buying a small bergen as the weight difference is so small between that of a small and a large one