anyone else keep snakes?

Sharpshooter.123

got a call couple of years back to see if I could earth a armoured cable in a council house the council had failed this cable so the tenant wanted to have it put right , cut a long story short I called round he had put a cable to his shed big shed , I asked to go in to look at the cable he said didn't let many in but I needed to see so he went for the keys , on inspection he had clear see through draws full of snakes he bread them he said there was about three hundred adults babies ,cable was for warmth for them quickest job I've done

I don't get on with them, and as such I just don't understand why anyone would want a snake as a Pet? But each to their own.

I see a few most years, and slow worms of course. Adders freak me out but 4-5 years ago I had been laid out prone a while one balmy summer evening after a fox when I felt movement on my legs, I looked back to see an enormous grass snake slithering over my calves, I nearly died...yeah, I know, I'm a big girlie!

Edited by Dekers

We used to have a corn snake, started off very small and grew to about 3ft long, also had a Garter snake, Royal Python and a Western Hog nose-- The last was the worst, it always seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood, would always puff itself up, Hiss and strike at the glass if any one went near its vivarium, you had to watch your hands when feeding this little critter, made the wife get rid in the end when I found out it could be a problem if you were allergic to Bee stings-- because I am.

Southern what spider you got a Chilean rose, Mexican red knee or salmon toe spider? pics please.My wife likes them and her friend has one but I'm not fussed. Some nice looking ones. The funnel webs make me jump when they come out fast and the Indian ornamental spiders are scary with big fangs.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Wingnut I wanted a Hog nose but wife hates them with their upturned snout and no neck. Funny little tykes play dead and let their tongues hang out. Mildly venomous but back fanged so you would have to either put your finger in its mouth or let it chew on you till it got to back of its mouth. Another I liked but she vetoed was the sinoloan snd mexican milk snakes as she wouldn't have a snake with no neck weird girl. Racing green tree snake another no no as to fast hence the choice I had.

Figgy