where are all the pigeons? seriously!

enzonapoli1990

i was out for a days rough shooting just before christmas and normally as i walk along the woods at sun up there has always been a healthy number of birds still up in the trees just to my amazment not a single woody was there! not only that i did not see a single pigeon all day. where the hell are these ******* hiding? i would love to know. :sad1:

they are in the oven now :-) northumberland

Well done Kev, I've just spent all day to get 18 down here in the pigeon-free zone of Essex. You northern boys have all the luck, and can afford a house too!! - With an oven!!!

I live in a ditch (well it feels like it...)

Well done Kev, I've just spent all day to get 18 down here in the pigeon-free zone of Essex. You northern boys have all the luck, and can afford a house too!! - With an oven!!!

I live in a ditch (well it feels like it...)

I'll 2nd that to pigeon free zone of Herts too :no:

Every pigeon in my area flys a mile or two north every morning to about 150 acres of beans that havent been harvested and left as set a side, no body shoots it yet... But I'm in the process of getting permission. There thousands and I mean thousands there, just a sea off pigeons, will try and get some photos buts it's one of them Youv got to see it to believe it!!

Don't you mean 'in the woods'?

Not much sign of birds or **** in the woods either. I beat loads of shoots and see very few pigeons, anywhere....

Every pigeon in my area flys a mile or two north every morning to about 150 acres of beans that havent been harvested and left as set a side, no body shoots it yet... But I'm in the process of getting permission. There thousands and I mean thousands there, just a sea off pigeons, will try and get some photos buts it's one of them Youv got to see it to believe it!!

Get amongst them!!! (Shoot a few for me!!)

That field stinks of two things...

Suicidal Birds & Red Letters

All the best at picking that one up mate..

had 32 today around Bedford area crops had a right mixture in only half a dozen had rape some had sloe's some had rose hip berries some had corn probably from feeders

colin

I do not doubt your observation but I have never seen a pigeon with rose hips in it's crop. Hawthorn berries (haws) yes, but never rose hips.

They are hitting the rape hard around north lincs next to one of my perms but I don't have permission to shoot that land , I've been watching them for 2 weeks now, when the gas banger goes off they all lift ( around 7- 8oo) pigs & drop straight back down, I will be approaching the land owner when the pheasant shoot finishes!

They are hitting the rape hard around north lincs next to one of my perms but I don't have permission to shoot that land , I've been watching them for 2 weeks now, when the gas banger goes off they all lift ( around 7- 8oo) pigs & drop straight back down, I will be approaching the land owner when the pheasant shoot finishes!

I'd be all over that 2 weeks ago, just to secure it up... Birds battering the rape, gas banger poping away.... Sounds like a the farmer will beam at who ever knocks on the door lol... Good luck

here's a pic of the berries in question i got out of the crops

useful picture that colin, it's definately a rose hip that, theres also some green ivy berrys by the look of it and i would say the green leaf is clover , certainly some of it anyway :good:

Edited by aga man