scottish independance

armsid

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the English view hardening ?

I am relying on the old streotypical (mythical) behaviour to result in a NO vote - it would hit the Scots in the purse and reduce English taxes.

One can imagine renting Embassy space to Scotland and a multitude of other 'rentals' - Armed forces, early warning systems, the right to service submarines (or maybe someone else in England), etc etc, Maybe the English should demand a vote after the Scottish Independence vote and confirm our English view? Where would the Scottish Nation be if the English kicked them out ? The new 'auld enemy' ? Someone has to take the blame - again.

I do hope common sense prevails or we need a few good brickies and some more 'Hadrionics'.

You have provided the answer that you refute - look at the first sentence in the Wilkipedia that you have so thoughtfully quoted - it refers to the Scotti.

You appear to say that as you have a vote on it, then any non - Scots (or whatever) should not have an interest.

But there again - in a previous post on this subject you state that you do not believe in free speech - says it all!!

Jeeze how far do you want to go back ,it pointed out it was a roman word,,c,314 ,you already stated you talked/banter to your customers in scotland about cullodon what was that all about ...the angles come from german stock dont hear us/me going on about it ,?All i asked do you have a vote not that you should not have an opinion on the matter ,hope your as vocal with things that do concern you in england ,notice i said england not angles or engerlish,as to me not believing in free speech read my post i said there is no such thing as free speech nowadays in my opinion see how many free speech posts on pw are locked now..you now bore me bringing up all this p i s h so its my last post on this subject to you .

now await the dummie post.

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

RBS just notifying of losses this year close to £9bn - due largely to 'past excesses'. I hope the Scots vote yes and repay it - is that likely ?

Had dealings with RBS before the crash - rats with a 'p', and I have to pay for that - where are the convictions !

I fear for the Scottish constitution, commerce and industry if they accept independence...

Where is the revenue going to come from ? Surely there's a limit to how much Haggis and Raspberries one can purchase from Waitrose.

I wager a penny to a pound, five years and they will be beating on the door to come back in.

But should we let them..that's perhaps more of the question..

Jeeze how far do you want to go back ,it pointed out it was a roman word,,c,314 ,you already stated you talked/banter to your customers in scotland about cullodon what was that all about ...the angles come from german stock dont hear us/me going on about it ,?All i asked do you have a vote not that you should not have an opinion on the matter ,hope your as vocal with things that do concern you in england ,notice i said england not angles or engerlish,as to me not believing in free speech read my post i said there is no such thing as free speech nowadays in my opinion see how many free speech posts on pw are locked now..you now bore me bringing up all this p i s h so its my last post on this subject to you .

now await the dummie post.

johnnie

Thank God you have finished on this post -I wondered how long it would take. Yawn.

Just read up on your own history before you go into print...

Thank God you have finished on this post -I wondered how long it would take. Yawn.

Just read up on your own history before you go into print...

You certainly live up to your name ,maybe you should add selective at the front of it ,if its just an argument you are looking for pm me

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

Would have expected a better answer than that ,just the type of answer you would expect from a door to door salesman.

johnnie

Absolutely, I total agree.

My sales of £42 million were small beer to me too.

For what it's worth one of my Scotch/Scottish/Scotti customers gave me sales of over £500k/month. He was a true gent based at Port Glasgow. His board room was tricked out in tartan, and it didn't look out of place.

A sinful thing, pride in one's own efforts.

Absolutely, I total agree.

My sales of £42 million were small beer to me too.

For what it's worth one of my Scotch/Scottish/Scotti customers gave me sales of over £500k/month. He was a true gent based at Port Glasgow. His board room was tricked out in tartan, and it didn't look out of place.

A sinful thing, pride in one's own efforts.

Imagination is a wonderful tool.

Careful what you wish for,most of your gas is landed just a couple of miles away from me then piped to England,and also the refineries that make a good percentage of your oil and petrol are also on our haven.

At least we will be warm and have fuel for our cars :)

Wait until they start fracking (f-rack is considered a swear word by the filter on here - weird). Just 3% of frackable fields is the entire UK gas requirement for 10 years, will make the tin can at Pembroke docks a bit redundant!

Edited by secretagentmole

It's not right that foreigners living in Scotland even tempory if registered get a vote, yet scots living elsewhere don't. So a lot of scots won't get a say but a Frenchman or spaniard at uni there could vote for Indepenance.

This will be a hot topic everywhere till the vote is cast, the ramifications will affect the whole country if it happens.

Figgy

It's not right that foreigners living in Scotland even tempory if registered get a vote, yet scots living elsewhere don't. So a lot of scots won't get a say but a Frenchman or spaniard at uni there could vote for Indepenance.

This will be a hot topic everywhere till the vote is cast, the ramifications will affect the whole country if it happens.

Figgy

Let's get this right, for those living working and contributing to the economy of a country but cannot vote for something that affects them deeply? Yet someone like Sean Connery (sp?) who hasn't been living/working/contributing can :lol: :lol:

English, Welsh, Irish living in Scotland?

Let's get this right, for those living working and contributing to the economy of a country but cannot vote for something that affects them deeply? Yet someone like Sean Connery (sp?) who hasn't been living/working/contributing can :lol: :lol:

English, Welsh, Irish living in Scotland?

he meant all the english people living in england this could affect those but they wouldn't get a say

Hope this clears it up a bit

The franchise for the referendum is currently being finalised by the Scottish Parliament, after the general principles were agreed by the UK and Scottish Governments in October 2012.

It is expected that the list of those who are eligible to vote will be the same as the list of those who can vote in Scottish Parliament and local authority elections, with the addition of 16 and 17 year olds who have not previously been able to vote.

This means that the following groups of people will be entitled to register to vote:

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

It is also very likely that arrangements for service personnel registered to vote in Scotland but likely to be serving outside of the country at the time of the referendum will be the same as for other elections.

Service personnel in this position can register as "service voters" for five years.

This would give them the option of postal and proxy voting. Most will use proxy voting as postal voting can be difficult to complete in the time required.

johnnie

ADDED I would expect as per normal any Scottish ex pats who have registered to vote have a right to vote ...even Sean

Edited by AULD YIN

It's **** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the ******* earth, the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever **** into civilization. Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just *******. We, on the other hand, are colonized by *******. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete *********. It's a **** state of affairs to be in, Tommy! And all the fresh air in the world won't make any ******* difference!

Renton from trainspotting sums up our situation quite well!

Tool, you said it..

The livelihood of 75 people depended on my efforts, and not one was ever made redundant due to a lack of sales.

As this has degenerated to a personal slanging match, I will sign off.

When your eye died your brain died with it, I'm afraid, old chap.