weather

islandgun

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm assuming you read the article I linked to?

It's not a matter of taking it - it is a matter of contributing to the problem. Groundwater levels and pressures are so high now that even if it stops raining for the next month, groundwater will be contributing to continued flooding and rising river levels.

That's what I said!

The ground isn't taking it in because the groundwater levels and pressures are so high, if they were not the ground would take the water in and the problem would not exist!

Edited by Dekers

That's what I said!

The ground isn't taking it in because the groundwater levels and pressures are so high, if they were not the ground would take the water in and the problem would not exist!

Again not quite. We know there is no place for current surface water to go - that is obvious. This chap is saying that even if it stops raining - water levels will continue to rise. This is because groundwater levels are at record levels - and water is soaking back up through the soil into the river systems.

Again not quite. We know there is no place for current surface water to go - that is obvious. This chap is saying that even if it stops raining - water levels will continue to rise. This is because groundwater levels are at record levels - and water is soaking back up through the soil into the river systems.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think that takes us back to my original post.

If you are on the ground anywhere close to flood areas you don't need a professor to tell you that. :no::good:

Edited by Dekers

OK, for a moment you can forget what any Professor wants to tell you, yesterday the Thames level between Wargrave and Marlow went down approx. 2" (50mm).

Today it has done the same and gone down yet again by a similar amount.

Frankly I don't know why, but it has! :yes::good::)

A minute ago what the professor said was obvious to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, for a moment you can forget what any Professor wants to tell you, yesterday the Thames level between Wargrave and Marlow went down approx. 2" (50mm).

Today it has done the same and gone down yet again by a similar amount.

Frankly I don't know why, but it has! :yes::good::)

Presumably because the tidal range is 55 miles, Teddington lock down, with a height range of 23 feet.

its just a normal winters day here blowing a hoolie as usual and very very wet, this morning was however "strange" peeing down with rain at 6.15 am 1st bend I drove into had me sat bemused as I span the car on totally unseen unknown black ice in the pouring rain? no harm done road was empty (fortunately) and an after that much slower trip in to work.

KW

There will be a lot of comuters very late home tonight, part of the m6 near Manchester is closed , and the Barton bridge on the m60 is closed,

A bit of wind and rain and the country comes to a stand still ha ha ha,

Keep safe folk,

Flynny

Edited by flynny