paid pigeon shooting days in the uk

kev1986

There are plenty of people willing to take your money in exchange for pigeon shooting. There is no guarantee that it will be 'good'.

Be careful if you do choose to pay for shooting - there are many conmen and liars selling shooting.

Out of interest, does it have to be over peas?

Depending on what area you are looking at:

http://www.huntinguk.com/ covers central England , is part of UKShootwarehouse and highly recommended.

For Scotland, M Robson a member here is a shooting guide in Fife and around Loch Leven, he is also a BASC registered goose guide, well worth contacting him .

Also, check out the "Sporting Opportunities Paid" and "Sporting Opportunities Free" sections.

I have plenty of land approx 2000 acres but there just aint the nunber of pigeons whuch u see down south etc all the fields are either rape or barly and dont hold tge birds like pea fields there used to be a company that had contract for birdseye pea fields and was awsome shooting 8 lads spread around several fields all shooting 250 carts a day job but birdseye moved over to france and company went down I want to find that again I regularly shoot small 10s 20s etc but no big bags like down south

I have plenty of land approx 2000 acres but there just aint the nunber of pigeons whuch u see down south etc all the fields are either rape or barly and dont hold tge birds like pea fields there used to be a company that had contract for birdseye pea fields and was awsome shooting 8 lads spread around several fields all shooting 250 carts a day job but birdseye moved over to france and company went down I want to find that again I regularly shoot small 10s 20s etc but no big bags like down south

I used to shoot for a pea contractor, who grew around 1000 acres a year. My best bag over peas was 205. I've shot bigger bags on rape/barley/bean stubbles. Peas aren't necessarily the best crop to shoot over. Pigeons often ignore them, especially if there is any laid cereals to tuck into.

It's not impossible for a guide to take you out for a 'big' day, but there are no guarantees that this will happen. As long as your guide is straight with you, and does his best to get you among the birds, that's all you can ask for.

I had three pea fields last year and had a couple of "steady" days of about 30. I eagerly waited for harvest and some big days and the **** never bothered with them...plenty of peas visible on the gound but not found by the pigeons before ploughed over after about a fortnight. So never anticipate a big day...just keep a regular watch on activity and get out when you can.