Scooters

jimdfish

Had to go to Stockport for work yesterday (cutting short my visit to the shooting show) and saw an excellent scooter parked up by a burger van - painted in red & white St Georges flag colours

That would be on hillgate. Good scooter lad.

Dolls eyes. We still meet up on Mondays at the dog and partridge in heaton Mersey. We are celebrating our sixtieth anniversary at didsbury rugby club on June 21 st. Cone along. You are more than welcome

That would be on hillgate. Good scooter lad.

Dolls eyes. We still meet up on Mondays at the dog and partridge in heaton Mersey. We are celebrating our sixtieth anniversary at didsbury rugby club on June 21 st. Cone along. You are more than welcome

Yeah ,the scooter was just off higher hiilgate. Thanks for the offer - if I'm up that way will come down (dont have a scooter do have a R1200RT). Have been riding bikes (& mopeds) for 30 years but never had a scooter although have been considering a Vespa recently. About 25 years ago there was a scooter club night every saturday in a pub in kingston which was always good fun.

Reminds me of the old lady on a Vespa who tried to join the Hells angels, the leader asked her, "Have you ever been done for speeding?"

She said "no I can't go that fast!"

"Oh well, have you ever been picked up by the fuzz?"

"Don't think so but I've been swung round by me tits a few times."

Oh dear, the mods will be fainting by the bucket load!!

Nurse

NURSE!!!!

Been thinking of getting another one for the last couple of years but the prices are putting me off, you're looking at least £2500 for a standard Li125. Had an Li125 series 3, Gp200 and a vespa PX in my younger days and had some great laughs on the runs. A lot of my old scootering mates (now in their late 40's and early 50's) have bought scooters and started going on runs and club do's again and by all means are having a great time, not sure I could go 2 days without sleep in a muddy field, near Scarborough nowdays though.

Is a Bennelli 100 K2 a scooter?-if so there's one in my garden you can have for a couple of hundred-my daughter rode it to work last year but now has 4 wheels-bit rough but been rebored, new alternator-new (but now rusty!!) exhaust.

No, but lovely offer all the same. A scooter in this sense must classically styled

Anyone use to race i,ve been to snetterton a few times just to play , i had a AF 225 ( arthur francis 225 kit on a sx200 ) it went like stink

i just loved the smell of the 2 stroke and bell ray , brings back memories

anyone remember the isle of white riot , half our club got arrested trying to defend and help the stall holders on the campsite that night , it reminded me of something out of apocolypse now , fires burning on barron hill side.

i went on youtube the other day and there are lots of vids of scooter rallies from the 80's and 90's

i,d love another go at it :)