hypa flap

garyb7

just bought a pair of hypa flap decoys off ukshootwarehouse, I,ve got to say they are without doubt the poorest quality things I,ve ever seen, held together with staples, they sent 4 rods with them, they bent them to get them into the box, when I opened 2 were snapped, cost me £47 including delivery, tried phoning 4 times, left a message, no response, I know they are the sites sponsors, I even quoted the discount code when ordering but got nowt knocked off, all I can say lads avoide like the plauge, if the last more than 1 trip out I,ll be amazed,

I was given a pair to "try out" when UK shootwarehouse first got them, they are still going strong,albeit had replacement rods over the years,and yes they have had some abuse,only thing better than a pair of hypa's is another pair :good:

KW

Edited by kdubya

just bought a pair of hypa flap decoys off ukshootwarehouse, I,ve got to say they are without doubt the poorest quality things I,ve ever seen, held together with staples, they sent 4 rods with them, they bent them to get them into the box, when I opened 2 were snapped, cost me £47 including delivery, tried phoning 4 times, left a message, no response, I know they are the sites sponsors, I even quoted the discount code when ordering but got nowt knocked off, all I can say lads avoide like the plauge, if the last more than 1 trip out I,ll be amazed,

Gary I have tried to call you back and left a message. I have checked your order and the discount code wasn't entered and no note in comments to say you were a P/W member and the discount hadn't worked. If you had let me know I would have sorted this out for you. Also regarding the rods I can send more in post no problem. I think you will end up being amazed after your 1st trip.

I got shafted by them on the discount to ! yet I did get a reply to my email,,,more or less saying tuff !

I am sure shafted is a bit of a harsh statement. When you order online it is up to you to fill in the discount code that you are given and if it doesn't for some reason work you can always leave a comment stating this and we will sort it before we send your order. But unless you tell us how are we meant to know your a P/W member.

It amazes me in life on how many people are so quick to slag off when something is not quite right but a lot less quick to praise when things are good.

The Hyperflaps look a lot more delicate than they really are, had mine for near on 5 years, get thrown in with the decoys, and they are still holding out well.

Regards UKShootwarehouse service, I will have to disagree, they have always been excellent on their service both on delivery and back up!

spoke to ukshootwarehouse today, they were helpful, no problem if I send them back, convinced me to give them a try, which will be next week, will let u know how they go on, thanks for the comments, as for they are more robust than they look, well I hope they are cos they look very flimsy,

Gary I have tried to call you back and left a message. I have checked your order and the discount code wasn't entered and no note in comments to say you were a P/W member and the discount hadn't worked. If you had let me know I would have sorted this out for you. Also regarding the rods I can send more in post no problem. I think you will end up being amazed after your 1st trip.

I use UKSW, hypaflaps on my ff4's, they have lasted yonks and yonks, the service I get from Sarah and the team is always first class..too many people juming on the bandwaggon for no reason!

Nick

Have used two pairs since their incecption. Cannot fault them and UKShootwarehouse have always given excellant service.

+1 - UKSW service always been first class. I had a rod missing when I ordered mine HFs. Received a replacement the very next day from UKSW no charge.

hi just a prelude to what I wrote after speaking to UK I,m trying them out thurs, UK promised to replace broken rods, received them today, many thxs to UK, hopefully I,ll be eating my words thurs and raving about the H FLAPS

Well done. takes a big man to think maybe he was wrong. i recon you'll need some salt and pepper. dying to hear how it goes!!

I have just taken receipt of a pair of FF4 flappers, and whilst there are not many pigeons around I have used one in the field and I have to say I am impressed.

The build quality seems very good and the simplicity is great.

You can attach full body decoys, silosocks or the real thing to it, detach the flapper and fit it to a bouncer/floater rod to lift above the crop.

All in all very versatile.