missing plane

digger

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this latest report from the Chinese is correct then 'things' should start to happen fairly fast.

We now have an accurate position. (Satnav).

Only thing that is odd is that it has been reported by the Chinese media - Not the government.

However, if correct then we should have pictures soon then the first ship on scene should be able to roughly identify whether it is aircraft wreckage or not.

It could be the big break they have been needing.

Plotting the rough position of the crash/splash site with reference to drift calculations then the search for the ping from the black boxes comes next.

They only have a few days battery power left so there is not much time left for that.

It took two years to locate and recover the main parts of the Air France aircraft in the Atlantic - so don't get too excited yet.

We still have no idea why though. Whatever happened to the deleted simulations ? The pilot was v experienced, Grandalf is best placed to know whether a fault could have eliminated the beacon and caused the plane to head in a direction completely unrelated to the course it should have taken. It seems v improbable.

I am tempted to believe that either the pilot and or the First Officer went to kill themselves and took 239 innocents with them to the deepest ocean where they would not be found, or we are into conspiracy theories about 1 or more passengers who were picked up as the others died. Its hard to imagine anyone would or could be that callous. RIP to those who died and a wish for some sort of peace now or eventually for the relatives. How can they give up hoping?

I am still suspicious of this whole "new data" which shows it disappeared

Does this data really take three weeks to be processed?

Is this "new data" code for "failed negotiations"?

if you had actually heard the chap who interpreted the data talking about how they did it you would realise why it took so long, clever bit of detective work by the brits,dont let facts cloud your conspiracy theories.

KW

if you had actually heard the chap who interpreted the data talking about how they did it you would realise why it took so long, clever bit of detective work by the brits,dont let facts cloud your conspiracy theories.

KW

Very clever indeed: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10719304/How-British-satellite-company-Inmarsat-tracked-down-MH370.html

KW

I've been out all day so not heard anything, more perused the main news stories. Will investigate further. Regardless of this and the explanation of the time delay I am still not sure we have all the relevant information

If this wreckage turns out to be the missing aircraft then the mystery only deepens. We should know tomorrow when the first ships get on station.

'They' seem pretty sure.

I cannot think of anything that could happen to the aircraft to explain all the circumstances that we have been made aware of without human intervention.

Whether that intervention was by the crew or other unknown persons I couldn't possibly say.

The 'black boxes' should provide some of the answers but their recovery is another set of problems all together.

The technology used by the satellite operating company has never been used before because it has never been needed.

I haven't seen that report, only heard what their representative said on the TV tonight.

He mentioned doppler effect. They knew the arc, north or south, because the 'ping' was only received by one satellite at the limit of its working area. I presume they worked out the correct direction by the change in the wavelength of the 'ping' (this is the doppler effect) and also deduced that it stayed at cruising altitude. It didn't give a position, just a direction. Then by calculating the fuel on board they can work out a very rough position to start the search.

This really is cutting edge detective work in a technical world.

I believe they have tracked it right, and it's at the bottom of the sea, but I can't think of why. If it was pilot suicide, why fly for hours into a deserted area, no notes, demands etc. not trying to make a point. Again if hijacked why fly into that area. All very strange. Why go that way into nothing. Hijackers want to be seen.

They could have put the aircraft on autopilot to hold heading and alt, and gassed everyone, de pressurized so everyone died and it turned into a ghost plane. Iv never flown a 777 so not aware of its systems. I'm guessing its ran out of fuel at the end.

Fingers x'd they find the recorders and they can reveal what happened. But I still think we will never know the full story on this one.

I wonder if the someone wanted to die on worldwide media and then have no identity, save that passed to him by his rescuers who would have gone unnoticed in that area. I'd be checking shipping. A sad, cruel world either way.

My theory Co-pilot had a falling out with Pilot and killed him or vice versa and decided to ditch plane in sea.

Cant see that - it would have been a moments anger surely and whoever survived would want to live and 239 people to die just for an argument ?

Also, why the simulator. There is no doubt someone planned all this the answer is in the why? Maybe