Nigel Farage

pavman

I don't think anyone can deny that Farage has successfully tapped into the mood of the moment following the years of **** shovelled out by the three main parties. That is why the friends of LAB/CON/LIB are panicking and the media is full of half-***** propaganda against UKIP. Many people thought the BNP would provide something different to vote for, but nobody in their right mind would vote for a 1950s Labour manifesto jazzed up with a policy to repatriate Jamaican-born OAPS, thus their failure to be more than a flash in the pan. Personally, I don't think Farage could form a government, but he might be able to contribute to a coalition. Whatever he does, it will provide a kick up the backside for the self-seeking Westminster ******** who see no negatives in the EU because they are bought and paid for. That is one of the reasons why immigration has been allowed to run riot. The EU will not succeed in its eventual aims until immigration and free movement has distorted European countries to such an extent that all national/ or nationalistic identity has been destroyed. Once such notions have disappeared from living memory, they will be free to evolve into a totalitarian state.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone can deny that Farage has successfully tapped into the mood of the moment following the years of **** shovelled out by the three main parties. That is why the friends of LAB/CON/LIB are panicking and the media is full of half-***** propaganda against UKIP. Many people thought the BNP would provide something different to vote for, but nobody in their right mind would vote for a 1950s Labour manifesto jazzed up with a policy to repatriate Jamaican-born OAPS, thus their failure to be more than a flash in the pan. Personally, I don't think Farage could form a government, but he might be able to contribute to a coalition. Whatever he does, it will provide a kick up the backside for the self-seeking Westminster ******** who see no negatives in the EU because they are bought and paid for. That is one of the reasons why immigration has been allowed to run riot. The EU will not succeed in its eventual aims until immigration and free movement has distorted European countries to such an extent that all national/ or nationalistic identity has been destroyed. Once such notions have disappeared from living memory, they will be free to evolve into a totalitarian state.

Hooray! At last! Someone who gets it. Bullseye Cottonseed.

This should be taught in schools. But just in case, tell your children.

Such bigoted response is no less than I expect from you and illustrates perfectly the type of voter attracted by the BNP oops sorry I meant UKIP. How can you possibly say I have a one sided agenda when you and your cronies constantly post up sycophantic luvy-duvy topics about super Nige as if he's the next best thing since sliced bread and immediately castigate and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them or the content ?

You don't know me or my politics but obviously in your insecurity view me subliminally as some sort of threat to your intelligence and are now seeking fellow posters to agree with you and reinforce your opinion.

I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself.

Whoa, something's got you rattled Mike?

Whoa, something's got you rattled Mike?

Which is why he has resorted to calling and categorising everyone who wants change as a BNP bigot, and he says I am taking a beating from him,ooh slapa my thigh! its the same old same old who are getting the beating, stick to one side for too long and you eventually go over, ask the captain of the Mary Rose.the time is now farrage is here lets help him get us our country back, from the traitorous lying manipulating self interested trough guzzling oxygen thieves.in the house of anything but common's.

KW

We didn't need a thing called the EU, we used to have a commonwealth. If we'd have nurtured free trade throughout that, we'd be a big player in this world economy instead of being the puppets to the USA and Germany that we are now!

Very true, Australia NZ and Canada seem to be doing quite well. The common market is probably a good idea, the Germans running Europe isn't .

Which is why he has resorted to calling and categorising everyone who wants change as a BNP bigot, and he says I am taking a beating from him,ooh slapa my thigh! its the same old same old who are getting the beating, stick to one side for too long and you eventually go over, ask the captain of the Mary Rose.the time is now farrage is here lets help him get us our country back, from the traitorous lying manipulating self interested trough guzzling oxygen thieves.in the house of anything but common's.

KW

And where did I say that....?

Dish it out mate and you have to learn to take it too... obviously you cant.

Instead of reading the Sun everyday try some Kipling.

If that last statement is not bigoted then what is ?

Edited by Fisherman Mike

UKIP was formed from the wreckage left by the demise of the Referendum Party after its leader died. I was a member of both.

I like to think I live in a democracy but that is hard to reconcile with the fact that I have never been asked whether I am happy for the power to govern my country to be passed on to another organisation that is largely run by appointed commissioners.

I voted to join a common market - not a European Federation. I would still vote the same way today.

Back in the days of the Referendum Party it would have been enough to just have the referendum. Now things have changed so much that the relevance of a political party that has only one aim, withdrawal in total from a united Europe, is the only logical way to go.

I am not a racist, anyone who knows me will vouch for that, and I have worked with people of most races both in this and their countries. However, we must control immigration onto this little island of ours. That is just common sense.

Farage is not in the same league as some of the statesman leaders this country has benefitted from in the past. On the other hand, compared with the pile of junk we are faced with at the moment, he is a breath of fresh air.

Such bigoted response is no less than I expect from you and illustrates perfectly the type of voter attracted by the BNP oops sorry I meant UKIP. How can you possibly say I have a one sided agenda when you and your cronies constantly post up sycophantic luvy-duvy topics about super Nige as if he's the next best thing since sliced bread and immediately castigate and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them or the content ?

You don't know me or my politics but obviously in your insecurity view me subliminally as some sort of threat to your intelligence and are now seeking fellow posters to agree with you and reinforce your opinion.

I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself.

Utter ******** as usual...

You see the man who wishes others to keep their opinions to themselves is either 1. A dictator 2. a liar who does not want others to know the truth.

Speaking down to the electorate as you are doing here and forgetting the issues you got elected for is the reason we have so many non voters, I think Nigel sums it up with his term "the political classes" I might say "pigs at the trough"

Lets ban politics of PW hey? Why might a little truth come out that cant be spun away? UKIP has nothing to do with BNP the fact he was the only one to speak up for Syrian refugees when the others were all saying No sort of swings in the face of your claim. The need for "controlled immigration" is what we require. Though as Nigel has himself said Britain has a long history of holding out its hand to genuine refugees.

You can see this attitude come right out in Clegg when he over talks and interrupts during debate, truth is he doesn't want the truth to be known as it harms him, his cause (more personal power) and his like (the political classes).lets face it he came very much third in the last election not second and certainly not first! yet he is called "deputy prime minister" Is this true democracy? I think not! Is the EU? No!

The phrase "super power" was used a lot last night by Clegg and anyone over 40knows full well what that means! Are you aware of why this new "super power" held out its hand to the Ukraine? Got Nothing to do with the natural resources held there? Lets get into another war, it sounds a really good idea to get into a scrap with the Russians (the country that first turned back the last go at a single power Europe in the 1940s)

Instead of reading the Sun everyday try some Kipling.

Let them eat cake? <_<

Ironically, the argument is now centring around the 'them and us' political divide in this country. Maybe we're now starting to see the groundswell of support for our own little revolution?

I believe it's been on the cards for a long while, all people have been waiting for is a figurehead to follow.

I think people have found that man, and there's no doubt whatsoever that the establishment are worried. Very worried.

+1 on Politics and Religion being barred, but thinking about it, wouldn't that be an abuse of our right to freedom of speech :|

Of course it would.

However, the 'progressives' of this world believe freedom of speech only applies to them.

If that last statement is not bigoted then what is ?

Bigotry is an unfavourable presumption based on ignorance.

KW's statement referred to strikes me as a factual assessment based on evidence.

Edited by Gimlet

Let them eat cake? <_<

Ironically, the argument is now centring around the 'them and us' political divide in this country. Maybe we're now starting to see the groundswell of support for our own little revolution?

I believe it's been on the cards for a long while, all people have been waiting for is a figurehead to follow.

I think people have found that man, and there's no doubt whatsoever that the establishment are worried. Very worried.

Britain has always found the man or woman it needed in the time of crisis, I was worried until more recently :good:

As far as freedom of speech is concerned we only have the freedom to say what is acceptable, if that wasn't the case we could freely discuss very valid concerns about religion. Religion and politics are supposedly banned subjects but the latter gets a lot more leeway by and large.

Banning open discussion on religion and its side effects plays into the hands of the extremists on all sides, what is happening globally at the moment should be concerning us long term far more than Farage and Clegg.

As far as Farage is concerned he doesn't want to run the country, unless he has had a recent change of heart? He'd rather force the other parties to bring their policies to some semblance of common sense and practicality. Perhaps a Conservative/UKIP alliance would do the trick? We sure can't go back to the overspending ways of the Labour party and the Lib Dems have watered down what the Conservatives might have been able to achieve without Clegg in the way. When they came to power they had a mountain to climb in getting the economy back on track, which they have done to some extent, there is still a way to go as we have had to suck up so much bad debt and defaulting at all levels.

Leaving aside the politics, the usual party rhetoric and hot air, I tried to view the debates from a different standpoint.

If you were in a pub with those two, which one would you be most inclined to believe?

Which one would you put your trust in?

Which one answered direct questions with a direct answer?

As far as freedom of speech is concerned we only have the freedom to say what is acceptable, if that wasn't the case we could freely discuss very valid concerns about religion. Religion and politics are supposedly banned subjects but the latter gets a lot more leeway by and large.

Banning open discussion on religion and its side effects plays into the hands of the extremists on all sides, what is happening globally at the moment should be concerning us long term far more than Farage and Clegg.

As far as Farage is concerned he doesn't want to run the country, unless he has had a recent change of heart? He'd rather force the other parties to bring their policies to some semblance of common sense and practicality. Perhaps a Conservative/UKIP alliance would do the trick? We sure can't go back to the overspending ways of the Labour party and the Lib Dems have watered down what the Conservatives might have been able to achieve without Clegg in the way. When they came to power they had a mountain to climb in getting the economy back on track, which they have done to some extent, there is still a way to go as we have had to suck up so much bad debt and defaulting at all levels.

The debt is so bad we will not clime out of it in 5 governments or a lot more (maybe never if we continue on this path). The fact remains are we better importing more than we export and giving free money (in large amounts) for the privilege to do so? OR Rebuilding with a new plan? Do remember the end of the cold war and the state of the Russian economy, look a China! I am not saying we have the natural resources of Russia or the exploitation mentality that goes with the Chinese. But the bigger plan is coming and its not just coming from the UK within Euro club or "superpower" as Clegg calls it

Good point from Cameron (via the BBC):

"PM David Cameron has criticised both his deputy, the Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg, and UKIP leader Nigel Farage, after their televised EU debate. "The problem with this debate is that both of the people taking part actually have quite extreme views," the PM said."

Bigotry is an unfavourable presumption based on ignorance.

KW's statement referred to strikes me as a factual assessment based on evidence.

Possibly but it applies equally to the majority of UKIP MP,s too...does it not...or have they been selectively ostracised form the party recently.

I happen to think Farage would be a very good politician in a mainstream party even though I still find him rather unctuous.

Whoops, Nick is not going to play with David C next term.

Good point from Cameron (via the BBC):

"PM David Cameron has criticised both his deputy, the Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg, and UKIP leader Nigel Farage, after their televised EU debate. "The problem with this debate is that both of the people taking part actually have quite extreme views," the PM said."

Edited by Penelope

The EU is not a superpower and never will be, Clegg got his job through default as part of the coalition agreement. He is a Tory but is trying have a conscience. His educational background is almost identical to Cameron's.

None of the 3 main party leaders have ever "worked" in the real world as most of us know it.

Happy to trade as a bloc of nations but central political control is driving nationalism in many EU countries. To me it's a very mild form of communism.

Pulling out of the EU though creates a whole host of problems. We are breaking a treaty that we knowingly signed up to.

The EU is not a superpower and never will be, Clegg got his job through default as part of the coalition agreement. He is a Tory but is trying have a conscience. His educational background is almost identical to Cameron's.

None of the 3 main party leaders have ever "worked" in the real world as most of us know it.

Happy to trade as a bloc of nations but central political control is driving nationalism in many EU countries. To me it's a very mild form of communism.

Pulling out of the EU though creates a whole host of problems. We are breaking a treaty that we knowingly signed up to.

I'm sure most of us didn't expect the whole EU thing to get so out of control as far as removing the identities of individual nations is concerned at the outset.

The EU isn't a "superstate" but it isn't a happy band of united countries with common interests and satisfied populations either.

Treaties are broken all the time, we wouldn't have had WW2 if that wasn't the case. The agreement we signed up to is not really what it has now become, it is no longer fit for purpose IMVHO.