mrmints

GO on then what's the magic number

off the top of my head it is 10 or 15

I generally remember them memntioning it

comes straight from HO Guidance

Factors for consideration
19.8. These include the following:
g) The number of firearms held; and
As always....interpreted by the local constabulary!

After establishing you have relevant security (grant interview), the safe storage of approved weapons is YOUR responsibility. If you fail to store them safely you lose the guns. It should not matter if you store 5 in a 3 gun safe as long as they are secured. Tell me the security difference of having 5 in a 3 cabinet and 5 in a 5 cabinet ? There will be a number above which added security may reasonably be required but it should not be used to inhibit gun ownership just to increase security.

I currently have 3 in my 3 gun cabinet that has held 5 before...... So have space for a couple more guns in there if put in upside down...... And let's not forget the massive spare gun safe in the shed, it has 5 slots in foam but is so deep it would easily hold a dozen or more........ May need to fasten that to a wall at some point :-)

i have recently put in for a variation on my firearms cert and had to get rid of a gun to add another in the cabinet as the cabinet would only hold 6 and two of the shotguns were stripped down but it went on how many guns on my certs and the size of the cabinet unless i had another cabinet

off the top of my head it is 10 or 15

I generally remember them memntioning it

comes straight from HO Guidance

Factors for consideration

19.8. These include the following:

g) The number of firearms held; and

As always....interpreted by the local constabulary!

Yes the number is a factor but it does not say anywhere officially (act if law, HO or APCO guidance) if more than X additional security is required...

Mine was describes as a 3/5 shotgun cabinet and the foe never specified what it could hold so would 5 be my max?

John

This topic should be pinned, it comes round and round.

Other than some theoretical top limit some regions invent the size of your cabinet is not the limit of your shotgun ownership.

The number you can safely store is your limit! :good:

i have a 10 gun cabinet, feo said i could have as many as i want and should be able to easily squeeze 15 in it :good:

i then asked could i have that in writing please just incase there is any hang ups down the line, he quickly said NO :no:

if another feo took over down the line would he believe our verbal conversation ever happened? nah dont think so so il stick to what it says on the cabinet to cover my butt

all the best steve