Whimsical classic car enquiry

LondonLuke

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry been away from computer (and under a bonnet)!

Here's my old 924 Turbo / 944 hybrid - was great fun and fairly cheap. Still owned by my friend PW member Charger

013BC79C-46C4-400E-B907-66D8A76771A9_zps

Here's my Panther Lima last Saturday...

F88F2CFA-5986-44EB-B9BE-1FB6D7DCE864_zps

And here it is on Sunday. 80 miles from home... 53BB4512-F1D5-4188-9512-7160769E7A81_zps

That Panther is a beautiful thing to behold what sort of engine has it got and what was the problem with it. On to the one before that I had one of those Capries a red 2ltr laser with a 3ltr carb and 2.8ltr wheels that was fast but it did drink the petrol I only sold it as I was getting on and found it hard to get in and out of it so I got a 4x4.

Sorry been away from computer (and under a bonnet)!

Here's my old 924 Turbo / 944 hybrid - was great fun and fairly cheap. Still owned by my friend PW member Charger

013BC79C-46C4-400E-B907-66D8A76771A9_zps

Here's my Panther Lima last Saturday...

F88F2CFA-5986-44EB-B9BE-1FB6D7DCE864_zps

And here it is on Sunday. 80 miles from home... 53BB4512-F1D5-4188-9512-7160769E7A81_zps

We just sold a Panther Kolistra (spelling) not sure what was under the bonnet of that one ? But my boss asked me to repair one 20 years ago - tha back axle was bent! This one had a 2.8 Ford V6 so I "fabricated" an axle out of a 2.8i Capri with an LSD :yes: boy was it tail happy :blush: :blush: :blush: Don't think it should have had an LSD :ninja::whistling: :whistling:

My Sunbeam at the spray shop. Its being resprayed its original colour white.

zpfile004_zps0c0bfcbb.jpg

Hopefully how it will end up looking. (not my car or picture)

sunbeam-alpine-S576807-2_zps6765a764.jpg

Looks like you are making a good job of restoring it I do not much like white as a colour for cars shows up the dirt to much but I do think that it is always best to keep to the original colour I think it looks bad if you take something off and find that it is painted a different colour underneath the worst one of all for me is to see a white Land Rover Defender :no: :no: :no: .

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Here's my pride and joy a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo with OE Fuchs wheels.

attachicon.gifpm_0105%208.2.jpg

They did up one of those the other day on that car resteration program on TV chan 4/5 I forget I did not get it they said that it had been left in a yard for several years and the inside was a bit taty but it was for the most part rust free and the engine and gearbox was good they paid 5k for it and in the end they recond that it was worth 13K.