BUYING THE SAME TYPE/CALIBER OF RIFLE

Surely if you find and RFD who has what you want and will buy what you have you can do it in one transaction? Just make sure in order on the ticket you list the sale of the existing to the RFD and then add the purchase of the new one so you've only ever had ownership of one at a time as per your ticket.

Or am I being nuts? It has happened before...

Surely if you find and RFD who has what you want and will buy what you have you can do it in one transaction? Just make sure in order on the ticket you list the sale of the existing to the RFD and then add the purchase of the new one so you've only ever had ownership of one at a time as per your ticket.

My RFD says this but it's wrong isn't it?

And Kev/ cross you know who I'm on about without any names

Hi, I have a Tikka T3 and I wish to sell it and buy the same rifle but in stainless. Can any one tell me how long I would have to wait after selling my old rifle before I could buy the new one please as I cant have both on my licence at the same time.

you will need to sell yours first,then apply for a 1 for 1 variation.costs nothing and my 1 for 1 only took 3 days with northants.

You can't do that.

You notify Plod of the sale or transfer within 7 days and return your certificate along with a request a free 1 for 1 variation for whatever calibre/action type of firearm you wish to buy next.

When it's returned you will have an empty slot or "authority to acquire" another firearm even if it's exactly the same as the one you just sold.

You can't do that.

You notify Plod of the sale or transfer within 7 days and return your certificate along with a request a free 1 for 1 variation for whatever calibre/action type of firearm you wish to buy next.

When it's returned you will have an empty slot or "authority to acquire" another firearm even if it's exactly the same as the one you just sold.

And that's a better way of writing it.

ATB

You can't do that.

This is sounding hard work now :-(

That's terrible you want to find a new RFD ;-)

I told you know who Daf and ok it's not the main man but he said they normally do this?? I might call in and tell the boss what's happening .

Any more guns I'll ask you about in future mate.

Crossy666 is local to us so Kev here's your local RFD :)

That's terrible you want to find a new RFD ;-)

I have :) you

Now I have in the past put the existing up for sale in RFD storage, bought the new one and sent in my notification. From the point of handing my old gun in I could not use it and the RFD knew that fact. The advantage to the RFD he got a commission on the sale, sold a bunch of ammo to the new owner yet had no capital outlay for the gun hence no risk.

The question of why swap an identical gun for one in stainless rather than blued defies my chain of thought though