FAC open ticket ??

Richo85

Hi all, I have had my fac for about 2 years now and I currently have a .22 rim fire on it, that's all. I am going to purchase an fac air soon for some smaller land.

I have a friend who has perms on a lot of land and I am able to go with him shooting on a regular basis bit my fac is not open ticket hence I can't use my firearm. The land is passed for firm arm use.

My question is, would I be able to apply for an open ticket yet or do I need to have my fac longer before I can have an open ticket. I'm in Derby so it is Derbyshire police.

All advice welcome.

Regards brett

Dont no what derbyshire are like but it should be about usage if you have fired plenty of ammo and no how to carry out a risk assessment of potential land you have a good case...

But if the said land is already cleared you are good to go...

Atb Lee

. The land is passed for firm arm use.

My question is, would I be able to apply for an open ticket yet or do I need to have my fac longer before I can have an open ticket. I'm in Derby so it is Derbyshire police.

Regards brett

If the land is passed for firearm use already what's stopping you shooting now?

It's not my perm. It's been cleared for other people's fire arms who have perm but I thought you had to have a land permission form if you don't have an open ticket

If the land is already passed for your calibre your 'good to go'.

Hi all, as I said I rang derbyshire firearms this morning and my thoughts were right.

If you haven't got an open ticket you are not allowed to shoot on the land even if it is passes for firearms.

The only way you can is to send in a signed land permission form, which in my case I won't be doing as it is my friends perm and I am grateful being allowed to accompany him with shotguns so I don't want to rock the boat asking for perm.

Hope this helps any people in the same position.

Atb brett

Hi all, as I said I rang derbyshire firearms this morning and my thoughts were right.

If you haven't got an open ticket you are not allowed to shoot on the land even if it is passes for firearms.

The only way you can is to send in a signed land permission form, which in my case I won't be doing as it is my friends perm and I am grateful being allowed to accompany him with shotguns so I don't want to rock the boat asking for perm.

Atb brett

Move to Nottingham as they have a diffrent approace.

As long as the ground is cleared for firearms and that caliber or below and you have permission (which also means shooting with a friend who has the permission) you good to go. I know this as i have check a few pieces of mates land (and not just in nottinghamshire) and had the good to go.

Also told then to make a note on my file as then they can see im getting out shooting on other land which is good terms when applying for an open ticket.

Michael

The only way you can is to send in a signed land permission form, which in my case I won't be doing as it is my friends perm and I am grateful being allowedry but to accompany him with shotguns so I don't want to rock the boat asking for perm.

Atb brett

I'm sorry, but whoever you spoke to doesn't know what they are talking about. Regional firearms licensing managers do not have different laws, they may have different policies as regards to the conditions they impose on your FAC but they are not able to impose their own interpretation of the written word.

If your FAC states " land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot" then you most certainly can shoot on any land you have permission on that has been cleared for your caliber.

You may wish to draw their attention to this section of the HO guidelines............

13.13 A person whose certificate is to be conditioned to allow shooting only on land approved

by the chief officer of police, should be able to establish whether an area of land has
been approved for that type and calibre of firearm by contacting their local police firearms
licensing department. It is expected that in only a small number of cases will it be
necessary to inspect the land.
This self explanatory paragraph makes it blatantly obvious that a closed certificate holder can shoot on any land that has been cleared

Whoever you spoke to is talking rubbish and if it was me, I would phone them back and tell whoever you spoke to they have given you incorrect advice and insist you speak to the licensing manager.

Edited by CharlieT

+1 for taking BASC advice.

This is very interesting topic please update with progress. I'm sure others have been here before and I bet each force applies its own rules etc etc. I'm sure BASC would be very interested in this issue. Are you a member?

This sort thing does wind me up Charlie is correct they have gave you completely the wrong information your friend wants to invite you on his ground this has nothing to do with your licencing authority...

The ground is cleared for your type of firearm thats it you are complying with your conditions on your ticket...

I would be on the phone and complain

Atb Lee

Yes I'm a basc member so I will ring them tomorrow.

My friend who invites me has full perm on the land, he doesn't own it, just so people know.

I did think that if the land was passed anyway it wouldn't be a problem. I'll see what basc have to say.

To be honest, lamp in at night and shooting early in the morn with a .22 rim fire mod and subs. I doubt I'll have a problem with anybody, especially as it's in the middle of knowhere.

Richo85...if what you have detailed about the land and your FAC conditions is correct, you have received sound advice from PW and rubbish from your region.

You are good to go regardless of what Derbyshire have told you.

If you feel happier talking to BASC as well, why not, if you tell them what you have told us you will get the same answer as here! :yes::good:

Did you not ask them if they would be willing to open your ticket when you was on the phone mate ?

Yes the woman said I have to write a letter and send my licence in stating why I want it to be open, but as I've only had my fac for 2 years she said I'd probably get refused, but no harm in asking. I must also state I've had my sgc for 7 years as well

Did you not ask them if they would be willing to open your ticket when you was on the phone mate ?

Yes the woman said I have to write a letter and send my licence in stating why I want it to be open, but as I've only had my fac for 2 years she said I'd probably get refused, but no harm in asking. I must also state I've had my sgc for 7 years as well

Perhaps they would like you to wipe their **** as well...... one look at your records will show them how long you have held your FAC/SGC!

Just put your case as convincingly as possible and/or talk to BASC about the best way to approach this as well! :good:

Sorry chaps, don't mean to hijack this thread but looking for some thoughts I have just put in for a fac, I have permission to shoot on a farm that the farmer used to have a .22lr rimfire on. I have put down for pest and vermin control and also for a sound modifier in this calibre. I have held a current shot gun license for over 32 years without incident. Hopefully I will hear in the next few weeks or so if I will be granted it.

what are my chances fellas ? Any comments welcome cheers Darren.