Do you really want this lot

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this has made 20 pages of bickering.

21 now, but it is light hearted and easy reading with a few serious bits,come on in and contribute,it is good that something like this can go on without warnings from the mods,it shows we can all play nicely together.

And while you are here,are you voting UKIP? you know you want to. :lol:

I can't believe this has made 20 pages of bickering.

There is a bit of bickering, some handbags, a touch of banter, probably some offended sensitivities, but amongst it all are some really good points that provoke some thought and a few genuinely laugh out loud comments.

A lot of what has said has given me cause to consider, even if I don't agree with a lot of it. I think that it is fairly impressive for PW to get to 21 pages on a political thread without anybody kicking any doors in.

Funny I never saw him squirm ? I saw him answer the questions,questions that were put in a hostile and provocative manner its probably the fact that he answered them which was the bit that confused you.

What he said re the crime gangs and % of crime across the EU was right, when he said we should be concerned about them and where they lived was right, and when he said we should not let the gangs in he was also right, if you feel those comments are inflammatory or in some way racist then I would suggest your view of the world and reality is extremely narrow, and may I also suggest a view that is NOT seen by the majority of blinkered bigots!

KW

Keep your syrup on! I never said anything like that, what are you a prospective parliamentary candidate?

He answered them but with his advisers spin on it.

Keep your syrup on! I never said anything like that, what are you a prospective parliamentary candidate?

He answered them but with his advisers spin on it.

Just watched Nigel wriggling under scrutiny on BBC1 :lol:

He was probably still tired eh?

]

er that's what you wrote, if you think wriggle is nothing like squirm, its you who should be the candidate :yes:

KW

Agreed :good:

However...ahem :whistling:

burnleydave.jpg

Absolutely brilliant!, just plastered my screen :good::good:

21 now, but it is light hearted and easy reading with a few serious bits,come on in and contribute,it is good that something like this can go on without warnings from the mods,it shows we can all play nicely together.

Is 21 pages a record Rob?

As an aside, just to show how stupid we have got with political correctness, a headmaster at Aylesbury Grammar School has been vilified because he posted a picture of three boys in fancy dress.

It is common at the end of the formal school year for boys taking exams to dress up in fancy dress. The three boys in question came as the Jamaican bobsleigh team from the film " cool runnings"

He was vilified because the boys had blacked themselves up. To me, the humour has always been in the fact that you have a team from one of the hottest countries in the world entering the sport generally run in the coldest countries in the world. As the team in question were Jamaican, the fancy dress would not have worked if the boys had stayed white.

Am I missing the point or does anybody else think people have taken completely the wrong view and it's their view rather than the boys that is causing the problem.

Absolutely brilliant!, just plastered my screen :good::good:

Is 21 pages a record Rob?

No a record is a disc made of vinyl :lol::lol:

Couldn't resist.

FM's other thread went for 16 pages before it sailed away into thread oblivion,but the cat thread is running at 32 pages,and how you got your name is 43 pages,but this must be the longest a political type thread has run without mods having to warn ,cut and then close.

That Burnley Dave poster is a classic. :good:

Yep its UKIP for me im sure they will screw me over the leaste :)

As an aside, just to show how stupid we have got with political correctness, a headmaster at Aylesbury Grammar School has been vilified because he posted a picture of three boys in fancy dress.

It is common at the end of the formal school year for boys taking exams to dress up in fancy dress. The three boys in question came as the Jamaican bobsleigh team from the film " cool runnings"

He was vilified because the boys had blacked themselves up. To me, the humour has always been in the fact that you have a team from one of the hottest countries in the world entering the sport generally run in the coldest countries in the world. As the team in question were Jamaican, the fancy dress would not have worked if the boys had stayed white.

Am I missing the point or does anybody else think people have taken completely the wrong view and it's their view rather than the boys that is causing the problem.

no that's racist end off, its not political correctness its just rude it has racial overtones from a time and space we should have moved on from

no that's racist end off, its not political correctness its just rude it has racial overtones from a time and space we should have moved on from

So I take it the film comedy White Chicks is racist and should be banned?

Edited by Boromir

So I take it the film comedy White Chicks is racist and should be banned?

technically misogynist yes :good: if only for the appalling acting

seriously if young white girls from GB had been taken over hundreds of years put into slavery then worked to death as nothing more than chattels for an elite few to earn a fortune then yes but guess what they haven't so no its not

Edited by chrisjh

After watching some of the BBC correspondents(nick robinson)being tediously aggressive and pushing their own agenda in the news, it was a pleasure to watch Paxman and Farage on newsnight just now,Paxman was the consummate interviewer, pushing and prodding just enough to keep it interesting and flowing and Farage could have a conversation.

A pleasure to see two professionals doing it right and not being fools like robinson.

If you were a mathematician writing an equation on the recovery UKIP MEP's would have to be part of that equation,no matter how indirect they were part of the system in place at the time,and as there is no negative effect(people say we are recovering)it must be a positive effect to have UKIP MEP's.(feel free to correct my o level maths :lol: )

The same goes for Martians. How are ukip officials different than Martians? Please enlighten me. Maybe voting for Martians will speed up economic recovery, according to your theory...

After watching some of the BBC correspondents(nick robinson)being tediously aggressive and pushing their own agenda in the news, it was a pleasure to watch Paxman and Farage on newsnight just now,Paxman was the consummate interviewer, pushing and prodding just enough to keep it interesting and flowing and Farage could have a conversation.

A pleasure to see two professionals doing it right and not being fools like robinson.

he didnt ask him where the money went then :lol:

The same goes for Martians. How are ukip officials different than Martians? Please enlighten me. Maybe voting for Martians will speed up economic recovery, according to your theory...

Sorry were Martians part of the political system at the time of the so called economic recovery,if they were then they should be included in the equation,but seeing as so far we have no scientific proof that they actually exist then i would hazard a guess that they were not part of the political system at the time. :whistling:

If you want to put a hypothesis forward you should consider the parameters.

Ukip are part of the political system so should be included

Martians are not real(so far) and therefore should be discounted as not part of the political system.

he didnt ask him where the money went then :lol:

No they had a reasoned debate which achieves so much more for all sides

Nick robinson is a **** who failed to be objective, but then that is no surprise as there were allegations of his bias to the tory party in the 2010 elections and he has a history of tory affiliation.

He just demeans political debate.

Sorry were Martians part of the political system at the time of the so called economic recovery,if they were then they should be included in the equation,but seeing as so far we have no scientific proof that they actually exist then i would hazard a guess that they were not part of the political system at the time. :whistling:

If you want to put a hypothesis forward you should consider the parameters.

Ukip are part of the political system so should be included

Martians are not real(so far) and therefore should be discounted as not part of the political system.

ukip does not exist either. It is a tory wet dream...

;)