Killed a Stool, and Crow

Dougy

I had a bit of practice the other day out with a 22.250 checking out a ballistic app as i thought i had fluffed up on info input, i was right, as you can see.

You can just make out the bottom front right leg gets hits twice 5 inches inches high (but obviously missing the plate well low) after i make the adjustment it finds the spot and the stool gets it.

I really don't think that it was up to the task, i need something more substantial, shortly after i hit it with a 150grn from a mighty 30.06 and it didnt like that much either, but i said a naughty word so not posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRLCYg2v44

Went back yesterday to pop a few crows that had killed some lambs, so cruel to see them with there tongues or eyes pecked out bleating in pain and not being able to suckle, what a cruel death :sick::sick: Anyway this one decided it was going to be the chosen one. Sat in this tree a nice back stop, settled on the back of the pick up, pinged it at 255yds the wind was next to zero.

And down it came :good:

http://youtu.be/xefjgB7CGR0

Edited by Dougy

strangely never get live lambs bothered here, seen it other places it certainly happened on a mates farm not more than 25 miles away. neighbour has been farming a lot of sheep for over 60 years here and says he has never seen it. Be interesting to have a reason why to that one, perhaps they selectively feed on afterbirth, nests and the dead due to the quantity available?

Well done Dougy .its a little known fact to some people , that crows. magpies, are both known

to peck out the eyes of newborn lambs, having been born on a farm my late father was a farm manager,

i was aware of this many years ago and pursue both crows and magpies whenever possible.

atb brian

The worst offenders up here for killing lambs are the great skuas, they are brutal but they are protected. They will have the eyes and the tongue of the lamb before it is out if the ewe is having a bit of a struggle and usually the ewe gets attacked too.

Good shot on the crow by the way :good:

• 2 weeks later...