fox shooting

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rimotu66

I really can't believe the comments on here.

I've been shooting foxes for 35 years and can see nothing wrong here.

The foxes were all dead, I wouldn't comment on a hedgerow as a back stop because to me it looked like a wood and I don't know the land or where 007 was shooting from (back of a vehicle, high seat ect)

Well done mate, a good nights lamping and some damage done to the Charlie population

+1 :good: except I have not been shooting foxes quite as long as you :lol:

I don't think there is a problem with the IR laser either, picture looks really clear to me. Haven't a clue which one you use but it's a good one for sure. I'd be well pleased with that level of clarity using digi and a laser.

mick, all the hype on forums about ir led is ********, you get ir bloom from barrel/silencer then at its tight focal point you get the grid pattern, if you can put up with odd water mark,a laser will blow led`s into next week

antoni

007. Just have another look at the first fox please.

PS. I'm not your mother.

You watch it again. Carefully. Around 37/38 second mark the video changes to another fox. Look at the grass? clumps in front of the foxes.

And as others have stated, no one cares if a deer runs off after a shot, why are you making a fuss about a fox taking a few seconds to die?

You watch it again. Carefully. Around 37/38 second mark the video changes to another fox. Look at the grass? clumps in front of the foxes.

And as others have stated, no one cares if a deer runs off after a shot, why are you making a fuss about a fox taking a few seconds to die?

that`s the problem with video images of good quality, if that video was taken with a n750 nobody would be any wiser

makes you wonder who is causing a stir

antoni

mother of god ;-) there is no ******* follow up shots, each of those 8 foxes is taken down with one shot, two foxes are downed on the same field, it`s NOT rocket (take note there surround), also at 30x+ or 40x+ mag on scope you got bob hope and no hope on a shooting stick, shots taken on bipod

antoni

Quote/ Bob hope and no hope on shooting sticks. Have you any experience shooting off sticks, shooting off bipod limits the gun way too much. Shooting off sticks opens up your chances of seeing your quarry. Sticks,mono,bi,triple,quad and five legged. The majority of woodland/flatland stalkers use sticks to great effect. I use a five legged stick but mostly as a quad stick and am very sucessful. The same five legged stick is used fortnightly to check zero. The stick is so steady the rifle can be left on sticks while releiving ones self they are that steady. Ive been there with bipods ,all sizes static n tilt but sticks are the way to go. Un less of course you happen to be an ambusher only then maybe bipod, I could throw in the amount of foxs and Roe i shoot but not me ,so.

Good video , ignore the knockers as its hard enough shooting foxes as it is without trying to film it as well. Good result !!

all men like knockers ;-) got loads more vids to edit, fox,rabbit,rats and the good old grey tree rat that should not be here in the uk

cheers, antoni

I think the op has done well with his shots you can see from the movement the mag is up so there a fair way out, and a couple of foxes took a step when the trigger was pulled if you show me a regular vermin shooter that hasn't had that happen I'll show you a lier.

The op covered the fox with the scope till it stopped you can do no more once the trigger is pulled.

As for backstop I can only assume that the op would not take the shot if he felt it unsafe as only he knows where he was pointing the rifle and what was behind the hedge or bank.

I think the op has done well with his shots you can see from the movement the mag is up so there a fair way out, and a couple of foxes took a step when the trigger was pulled if you show me a regular vermin shooter that hasn't had that happen I'll show you a lier.

The op covered the fox with the scope till it stopped you can do no more once the trigger is pulled.

As for backstop I can only assume that the op would not take the shot if he felt it unsafe as only he knows where he was pointing the rifle and what was behind the hedge or bank.

the tree line is the base of a raised old railway line