2 for the Huntsman Classic.

bullet boy

Well after a great weekend a fortnight ago up with Eccles in beautiful Mach I thought it was time to give my Daystate Huntsman Classic an outing instead of my Ruger 10/22 which I used up in Mach.

The Farmer told me in the week to thin a few Rabbits out cos he was seeing more than normal plus the mess they started making in the fields.

I arrived about 6pm and after a brief chat I said I'd go and have a browse.The weather was dry but slightly windy.

I had a short walk when I saw 3 Rabbits in the field.I then slowly but quietly moved closer to the closest one crouching along the way and got about 35 yards from where the one Rabbit was feeding- I slowly shouldered the rifle aimed behind its eye and squeezed the trigger the sound of the .177 Bisley Magnum pellet hitting the Rabbit's skull was louder than the sound from the superb Huggett Silencer.One down!

I then walked back to the Farm and had a brief chat.The Farmer was pleased and said there's plenty more there for you.

I then walked in an opposite direction of the land to see a nice young Rabbit feeding 30 yards away and before he could feed much more he was victim no.2 for the Huntsman!

Just after I despatched him it started picking to Rain which I thought another day will come for some more for the pot and my trusty Daystate Huntsman Classic!

Pics to follow.

Well done Bud :good: great write up :yes: all the practice other week payed off :lol::lol:

Lol Cheers Ter.

Lovely looking "pop" gun Mark :whistling:

Only kidding bud,lot more skill involved than using the .22LR,sounds like you had a pleasant walk out :good:

It was a nice walk Jeff and nice to see a few Rabbits coming back.

I've not shot air rifles properly since I was a kid (30 odd years ago) but after borrowing a mates old HW 35, I've come to realise how fantastic a tool it is. Where I live the house is surrounded by land that is really stoney and outbuildings, so is not really safe with the rim-fire, plus theres a couple of houses near by. We suddenly seem to have been over run with rabbits lately and as some game crop is going in this week (only 100 yards or so away) I thought I'd try and thin 'em out a bit. Went out for an hour last night and an hour this morning and so far had 5 rabbits, 2 squirrels, 2 jackdaws and a pigeon and all of these (bar one rabbit) have been clean kills from between 25-30 yards. I'm well impressed and am now on the look out for a decent air rifle, I've got the bug back I had all them years ago.

I've not shot air rifles properly since I was a kid (30 odd years ago) but after borrowing a mates old HW 35, I've come to realise how fantastic a tool it is. Where I live the house is surrounded by land that is really stoney and outbuildings, so is not really safe with the rim-fire, plus theres a couple of houses near by. We suddenly seem to have been over run with rabbits lately and as some game crop is going in this week (only 100 yards or so away) I thought I'd try and thin 'em out a bit. Went out for an hour last night and an hour this morning and so far had 5 rabbits, 2 squirrels, 2 jackdaws and a pigeon and all of these (bar one rabbit) have been clean kills from between 25-30 yards. I'm well impressed and am now on the look out for a decent air rifle, I've got the bug back I had all them years ago.

Nice write-up and well done!Are you after a Spring Rifle or PCP?

I'll probably go for spring rifle as I really don't know anything about pcps and I shot so well with the Hw35, I might just keep an eye out for one of them. I had a couple when I was a kid and always loved 'em, I know they're a bit heavy and clumbersome but always seem to be accurate and always pack a punch.

I'll probably go for spring rifle as I really don't know anything about pcps and I shot so well with the Hw35, I might just keep an eye out for one of them. I had a couple when I was a kid and always loved 'em, I know they're a bit heavy and clumbersome but always seem to be accurate and always pack a punch.

Some nice spring guns out there bud.

ATVB.

• 2 weeks later...