Brancaster

scolopax

Any one on here hold rights at Brancaster?

I'm just wondering scolopax, when you asked your original question if you imagined 148 replies, 4832 views and seeing Kent Wildfowlers lambasted by such an eclectic group of miscreants

Whatever else may be true of Kent, (and if you tell me they were on the Grassy Knoll I'd wonder), they certainly aren't universally loved and admired

Any day now I'm expecting to see someone accuse them of hiding Lord Lucan, lol.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering scolopax, when you asked your original question if you imagined 148 replies, 4832 views and seeing Kent Wildfowlers lambasted by such an eclectic group of miscreants

Whatever else may be true of Kent, (and if you tell me they were on the Grassy Knoll I'd wonder), they certainly aren't universally loved and admired

I suspect they also use Shergar for getting across the marsh quicker!

Plenty of accusations, very little fact. The very fact that you seem to enjoying KWCA getting grief off a minority of forum members does you no favours. For a man whos first post was his intention not to whinge you seem to have done little but.

To be fair to DNT he has stayed calm and put some interesting info on here about the reasons why your

club lost its marsh, and been quite open about most of the things his club is getting upto.

KWCA are not and will never be everyones cup of tea but they seem to de doing more for the average wildfowler than most, they have as far as I can see taken no ones shooting as all you have to do is join.

As a fowler that's travels for most of my fowling I am staggered over how territorial you all seem to be over that side of the country. Local this, local that, stick to your own county etc. I have the words solidarity and supporting each other used in this thread, its a shame there seems to be so little of being shown.

It seems that it is a select few who feel that the KWCA are not helping wildfowlers secure shooting for generations to come. let them be. Just what are you doing to help preserve the sport apart from moan about you can't shoot a certain area for a pound an acre all because of Kent lol.

If some put as much time and effort as they seem to do moaning on this forum then maybe they could help there clubs more and not be so obsessed with what the KWCA are doing. As for all the insults regarding AJ not needed thoses who post such comments just need to look at the good he has done to preserve wildfowling if other clubs and BASC had followed then there would be more wildfowling available for all. I am glad he is the chairman of our club as the work him self and others have done has helped wildfowling on a whole.

Terry, thx for the support, it's been a bit short in supply on here. It's because of guys like you that we keep at it.

Bobshooting. I can't help but think that if we go on long enough, it's all going to be your fault in a minute. Set the dog on them.

Terry I hope you enjoy your time in kent wildfowlers for 200 or whatever quid it is, but just spare a thought for the genuine wildfowlers who has paid a lot of money in some cases many thousands for common rights for the right to shoot there and if they mess it up as much as they have done at thornham and YOU had spent the same money for some reason cant imagine you would be championing their cause so fastidiously

Plenty of accusations, very little fact. The very fact that you seem to enjoying KWCA getting grief off a minority of forum members does you no favours. For a man whos first post was his intention not to whinge you seem to have done little but.

To be fair to DNT he has stayed calm and put some interesting info on here about the reasons why your

club lost its marsh, and been quite open about most of the things his club is getting upto.

KWCA are not and will never be everyones cup of tea but they seem to de doing more for the average wildfowler than most, they have as far as I can see taken no ones shooting as all you have to do is join.

As a fowler that's travels for most of my fowling I am staggered over how territorial you all seem to be over that side of the country. Local this, local that, stick to your own county etc. I have the words solidarity and supporting each other used in this thread, its a shame there seems to be so little of being shown.

It was meant to be taken light-heartedly, things can get a bit heated on here, sadly, I've been guilty of that myself.

AJ wasn't on the grassy knoll; Lord Lucan and Jimmy Hoffa are reportedly running a wine bar in Clacton; you'll have to ask Big Mat about Shergar, (I think he knows more than he is letting on).

No-one minds shooting on a day-ticket, where-ever you come from, join BASC, pay the fee, hope you get good sport, but don't live faraway and take it all unless I comply with you.

I agree with everything you say about DNT, but even a decent, honest man, can be wrong and, to be fair, so can an old f*rt like me.

Double four, interested in your comments "mess it up like they have Thornham". What exactly have we messed up. A good friend of mine (non shooter) was at Thornham last week of Feb with his wife and bino's. His comments, lovely area, lots of birds. Perhaps he missed something. Could you tell me what please?

Terry, thx for the support, it's been a bit short in supply on here. It's because of guys like you that we keep at it.

Bobshooting. I can't help but think that if we go on long enough, it's all going to be your fault in a minute. Set the dog on them.

That made me smile, I can't think there's much more can be said.

It's worth repeating, we're all Wildfowlers.

The only people who give a monkeys for us, is us.

Terry I hope you enjoy your time in kent wildfowlers for 200 or whatever quid it is, but just spare a thought for the genuine wildfowlers who has paid a lot of money in some cases many thousands for common rights for the right to shoot there and if they mess it up as much as they have done at thornham and YOU had spent the same money for some reason cant imagine you would be championing their cause so fastidiously

Can you please detail how they have messed Thornham up so much. When the shooting is regulated to strict numbers and days more so when in the hands of Thornham.

All locations in which the KWCA provides sporting opertuinties, the area is managed ensuring the area is not overshot or damaged in a way that would have any detrimental effect to the wildlife and environment.

Do you suppose that if someone doesn't live in a particular area, then comes over to go wildfowling will shoot at every bird they see no matter how far wide or high. Or is it people just from Kent. You don't happen to suppose that some members of the Kwca who shoot at Thornham live in Norfolk and come from Norfolk.

If the KWCA did not manage there shooting very carefully do you think people would join in the first place and then re-join the following season if the areas were not correctly managed and made sustainable.

Can you please detail how they have messed Thornham up so much. When the shooting is regulated to strict numbers and days more so when in the hands of Thornham.

All locations in which the KWCA provides sporting opertuinties, the area is managed ensuring the area is not overshot or damaged in a way that would have any detrimental effect to the wildlife and environment.

Do you suppose that if someone doesn't live in a particular area, then comes over to go wildfowling will shoot at every bird they see no matter how far wide or high. Or is it people just from Kent. You don't happen to suppose that some members of the Kwca who shoot at Thornham live in Norfolk and come from Norfolk.

If the KWCA did not manage there shooting very carefully do you think people would join in the first place and then re-join the following season if the areas were not correctly managed and made sustainable.

Thornham Marsh is much as it ever was. The only thing wrong with it, is I'm not on it

Speaking anecdotally, duck numbers are down, geese numbers are well down, I doubt if Kent are any happier about that than the next man.

I think the messed up that Double four means, is Kents methods and schemes, not that you intend to harm the marsh, but that you're careless about the people.

Bobshooting, so you do stand up in your spare time? Are you taking bookings? What do you think big Mat knows about Shergar, there's still a reward going you know.

I could not possibly comment about Shergar as it is confidential. When it is suitable there will be a press release....

Bob/double four, I have looked at our Thornham permits for the last two seasons and mostly I would say that members shooting Thornham are some of our most experienced, several of them being members of a few different clubs. I guess it's possible they all go crazy at the first sound of a pink, but somehow I doubt it. Just a small point Bob, you say nobody minds members taking day tickets, just join BASC and good luck. I don't think Thornham allowed any, please correct that statement if I'm wrong.

DNT over nigh on 40 yes ive lost count of the people I've managed to help bag there First Pink may it be there first in Norfolk or under the moon. I have known doubt about your clubs bag limits etc BUT just perhaps if regular checks was done you along with others would finally believe what some members of Kent get up to at Thornham. I'll another true example of abuse. Myself and two friends having breakfast was a produced by 2 shooters the conversation quickly got round to Pinks eg where was the thousands of Pinks bla bla bla not only did they claim to have shot 6 and 9 Pinks under the moon in a flight they showed us them. When I pointed out about the bag limit there comments was " having traveled for 3+ hrs to find there was only 1100 Pinks F the bag limit we are going to STUFF EM under the moon as NO - BODY will know who it is/was. Trust there is LOT more I could in lighten you about but definitely this is NOT the place to do.And DD is very right I am and have been for nigh on 40 years to see what goes on !!!!!

Also DNT your statement about checking your tickets that they have been used by experienced Fowlers well here a 100% True fact for you FOUR of your members using those Tickets had NEVER shot Pink in England let alone a English Foreshore till they met me

He did say mostly experienced fowlers not all.

I honestly do believe what you are saying to be true as I have also experienced it at other places. In some cases it is hard to police the marsh all the time you hope that in most case the majority of people will respect there quarry and the club rules but not always the case, this is not alone in the Kwca, local help in maybe reporting these issue when they arise could help in stemming the problem, which is in everyone's favour in the long term. I understand the level of resentment towards our club but on a whole as most of us here all have the same principals when it comes to wildfowling and want the best for the sport.

If we are to help one another and try to get along it will help eradicate some of these issues, I understand that in a lot of perspectives we won't see eye to eye but maybe we can help where possible to preserve the sport we all love so much. Our aim is not to upset or be the enemy to any wildfowler or club even though some may say we are.

Although some of our actions may not suit all we try to please the majority in most cases.

Stalkerboydy, if as you say you have other stories of poor behaviour to match the appalling ones you allege. Would you pm me with those details and any dates, car reg or descriptions of these people you have. I would just add that bringing these allegations to the fore now when feelings are running high does strike me as a bit sensationalist. Why have you not drawn attention to these matters before. I do not wish to question your word, but find it a little odd that our members would break a rule that they know would have serious consequences for them, then when they meet local strangers and knowing feelings are running high, show the evidence and brag about their behaviour. If you have evidence of wrong doing, please do the right thing and let me have it without further delay.