Customer service, quality control and un truths!

turbo33

So how many of you have spent your hard earned pennies on something lately, only to find it doesn't work? Then been fobbed off with all sorts of un truths and carp, until you have to push?

In the last couple of weeks, I've bought some o rings that were advertised with the implication they were from the Airgun manufacturer as oem parts. 3 out of 5 broke on fitting, so after some email tennis and me establishing they were not infact supplied by the manufacturer, and pointing out the advert was misleading and possibly misrepresentation, they back tracked fast and refunded the money,

I bought a Yukon photon two weeks ago. In principal, a fabulous piece of kit. Zero'd it, shot some bunnies. A day later, I tried to put it on another rifle. Couldn't get zero as I hadn't realised the windage was 1 click from maxed out. Swapping back to the original rifle, its clear something is loose as max windage is still 2" off bull at 10 yards :o Spoke with the shop and they said all nv units are like this need adjustable mounts £70 and shimming. Tosh! "Then why didn't you say that when I bought it from you and the normal 30mm mounts you sold me" :hmm: Sent it back at my cost of £8, arrived with them yesterday. They phoned today. Didn't look at it yesterday,can't look at it today as its half day, can only do it at night, cos its a NV (not true). Sob story, "I will have to give up my personal time to look at it after work :cry1: So maybe Friday or Saturday"."It will take a long time to set up and test" More tosh, Strange, I seemed to be able to clearly see through a Yukon mounted and zero'd on a 243, 2 o'clock one sunny afternoon 4 weeks ago :hmm: and no scope has taken me longer to mount than 10 mins.

Ii will be less than an hours fiddling to realise its faulty and pop a replacement in the post to be with me Friday, and a refund of my postage would be nice :yes: Not impressed so far and will name the shop if it drags out with more un truths and excuses.

The list is endless. Whatever happened to making sure things were fit for purpose before selling them to the customer, and polite efficient customer service when thing go wrong?

On the positive side, Chambers gun spares, Best fittings, Uttings, Air Arms, Chichester Armoury are all absolutely as good as it gets with customer service and efficiency from my experiences, particularly Chambers. :good::good:

having a problem with john lewis about something they are selling. luckily i did my research before buying but their advert is a total lie yet even when i emailed them about it they refuse to even look into it.

buyer beware...

So how many of you have spent your hard earned pennies on something lately, only to find it doesn't work? Then been fobbed off with all sorts of un truths and carp, until you have to push?

In the last couple of weeks, I've bought some o rings that were advertised with the implication they were from the Airgun manufacturer as oem parts. 3 out of 5 broke on fitting, so after some email tennis and me establishing they were not infact supplied by the manufacturer, and pointing out the advert was misleading and possibly misrepresentation, they back tracked fast and refunded the money,

I bought a Yukon photon two weeks ago. In principal, a fabulous piece of kit. Zero'd it, shot some bunnies. A day later, I tried to put it on another rifle. Couldn't get zero as I hadn't realised the windage was 1 click from maxed out. Swapping back to the original rifle, its clear something is loose as max windage is still 2" off bull at 10 yards :o Spoke with the shop and they said all nv units are like this need adjustable mounts £70 and shimming. Tosh! "Then why didn't you say that when I bought it from you and the normal 30mm mounts you sold me" :hmm: Sent it back at my cost of £8, arrived with them yesterday. They phoned today. Didn't look at it yesterday,can't look at it today as its half day, can only do it at night, cos its a NV (not true). Sob story, "I will have to give up my personal time to look at it after work :cry1: So maybe Friday or Saturday"."It will take a long time to set up and test" More tosh, Strange, I seemed to be able to clearly see through a Yukon mounted and zero'd on a 243, 2 o'clock one sunny afternoon 4 weeks ago :hmm: and no scope has taken me longer to mount than 10 mins.

Ii will be less than an hours fiddling to realise its faulty and pop a replacement in the post to be with me Friday, and a refund of my postage would be nice :yes: Not impressed so far and will name the shop if it drags out with more un truths and excuses.

The list is endless. Whatever happened to making sure things were fit for purpose before selling them to the customer, and polite efficient customer service when thing go wrong?

On the positive side, Chambers gun spares, Best fittings, Uttings, Air Arms, Chichester Armoury are all absolutely as good as it gets with customer service and efficiency from my experiences, particularly Chambers. :good::good:

Customer service is often a forgotten art nowadays, but having said that, I must agree with you on TW Chambers & Uttings; in my experience they performed very well indeed, so another thumbs up for them :good:

What shop sold you the Yukon Photon?

atb

Jamie

I won't mention the shop yet Jamie, as they might just pull their finger out. I Sent them this email on Wednesday morning, 24hrs after they received the scope back. Not heard a word today, so lets see what tomorrow brings :hmm:

Dear Sir,
I have just spoken with one of your staff on the phone about the Yukon NV I returned as faulty.
I do understand that I am not the only customer that you have and appreciate you may be busy.
I did spend a large amount of money with you a couple of weeks ago for this unit and mounts to go with it. It has also cost me £8 to return it. I have returned it for the reasons you are aware of.
I don't feel it was very fair to make me feel awkward that you will have to give up "your own time" to test it, that the implication is it will take a long time to do and can only be done at night. This is just not true. I was setting one up on a sunny day 4 weeks ago on a friends 243.
It will take 10 mins to mount it, the Yukon can easily be zero'd in daylight, and over a distance of 15 yards you will confirm its faulty. Inside an hour, you will confirm my findings. Its then a simple task of putting a replacement in the post to me tomorrow, received by the weekend, happy customer.
I am not asking for anything extraordinary, just a level of customer service that i give and would like to receive.
Yours faithfully

Trying to find superb service seems to be a tall order the world over. This past month I had two major dealings regarding my primary vehicle and my travel trailer. Had workers at the dealership try and fob me off with a door latch that they broke. One thing I don't do is argue with the idiots as they have to tow the company line. This is also a waste of my time. A nicely worded letter to the owner of the company with my concerns and follow up with legal action if necessary has always worked for me. I am one also to vote with my feet. I work too hard for my money to blow it on sub par service or equipment.

Trying to find superb service seems to be a tall order the world over. This past month I had two major dealings regarding my primary vehicle and my travel trailer. Had workers at the dealership try and fob me off with a door latch that they broke. One thing I don't do is argue with the idiots as they have to tow the company line. This is also a waste of my time. A nicely worded letter to the owner of the company with my concerns and follow up with legal action if necessary has always worked for me. I am one also to vote with my feet. I work too hard for my money to blow it on sub par service or equipment.

I'm also a believer in voting with your feet. It is essential though to ensure the CEO or the owner know you are doing so. Just not going back without a high level complaint won't put the kick up the a**e of the usually lazy or awkward so & so you have been dealing with. The main reason for poor service in this day and age is that we buy so much on line, so there is hardly any face to face transactions anymore. Somehow the online customer has now become just a face of a keyboard and has sort of lost their human identity. The person processing the order doesn't even consider you as anything other than some written words churned out of a machine.

just got some fork seals for my bike from a company pyramid parts what a load of rubbish ......they leaked from the moment they was fitted . so I've emailed tried to ring them and even went on there web chat help desk .what have I herd from them .....? nothing not a jot.

I've had fantastic service from Paul Hart, both at the game fairs and with his online site.

Not used Paul, but I've seen nothing but glowing feedback. For a retailer, the internet is a wonderful facility. Click, click and money just appears in your bank account. All you then have to do is respond by sending the customer the goods. Not exactly back breaking and physically demanding, like most of the lads on here that do a hard manual job.

The internet can work both ways though, and bad experiences get around fast, and are potentially damaging. All the more reason to "pull your finger out" and ramp up the customer service. However, a lot of British businesses seem very complacent in their attitude and then whinge when it goes wrong for them. I used to buy a lot of components for the race cars, from the states, particularly California. They would get here faster than most of the British suppliers :yes: The best one was a cylinder head ordered from Australia. Ordered wednesday, arrived on Monday. The UPS driver apologised for the delay and said they don't operate on Saturdays, or I would have had it then....2 days!! They've taken longer than that to get the photon out of the box in England!!

I won't mention the shop yet Jamie, as they might just pull their finger out. I Sent them this email on Wednesday morning, 24hrs after they received the scope back. Not heard a word today, so lets see what tomorrow brings :hmm:

Dear Sir,
I have just spoken with one of your staff on the phone about the Yukon NV I returned as faulty.
I do understand that I am not the only customer that you have and appreciate you may be busy.
I did spend a large amount of money with you a couple of weeks ago for this unit and mounts to go with it. It has also cost me £8 to return it. I have returned it for the reasons you are aware of.
I don't feel it was very fair to make me feel awkward that you will have to give up "your own time" to test it, that the implication is it will take a long time to do and can only be done at night. This is just not true. I was setting one up on a sunny day 4 weeks ago on a friends 243.
It will take 10 mins to mount it, the Yukon can easily be zero'd in daylight, and over a distance of 15 yards you will confirm its faulty. Inside an hour, you will confirm my findings. Its then a simple task of putting a replacement in the post to me tomorrow, received by the weekend, happy customer.
I am not asking for anything extraordinary, just a level of customer service that i give and would like to receive.
Yours faithfully

That's a well written letter, polite, but to the point.

The only thing I would add, is always try and get a single point of contact. Granted that's not easy. But it's better in the long run as you can be fobbed off too easy when dealing with multiple members of staff. Dealing with the one person restricts their "wriggle movement" to fob you off and makes them more accountable.

However, I appreciate, that isn't always that easy in the real world....

I always tick the "read receipt" for those types of emails to, which will email you back with the time and date it's been read.

I think part of the problem these days, is people are worried about being sued by companies for slander. Which is very unlikely generally, especially if a person sticks to the facts.

Good luck to you though, and name and shame the company if needs be.

atb

JHamie

Having the same issues with a photon. When you adjust it right the cross hair goes up and right. Spoke to TJ and got fobbed off. I will not buy any thing from that company now. I fixed the scope myself but should had to. No recipe, no fix even though the scopes had only been in market for a matter of months. Lesson learnt.