Scope question

krugerandsmith

flick a coin as they are both excellent scopes,

if its just to use on an air rifle then the Hawke Sport HD 3x9x50 is excellent value for money at under £50 it will also be fine on a .22 rimfire

atb Evo

Think the brands mean little, what scope details and what to use it for is more important than who markets them. Don't get caught up in fashion neither existed a while back, did we suffer? I think not! Wouldn't surprise me too much if someone said they both came out of the same factory some place

Joy of Being a Club Shooter - that in time Members seem to buy and try most available Scopes

As stated before it's down to owners not forgetting that - what ever make - they cost around a 1/4 of what they sell for in UK

Most of mine are Top of Range Walthers - as got them @ trade price and work for me :good:

BOB/R

Joy of Being a Club Shooter - that in time Members seem to buy and try most available Scopes

As stated before it's down to owners not forgetting that - what ever make - they cost around a 1/4 of what they sell for in UK

Most of mine are Top of Range Walthers - as got them @ trade price and work for me :good:

BOB/R

I agree however ...... bit the bullet and bought a Hawke Airmax 30 IR SF. .....Thanks for the comments folks.

Hawke 3 x 9 x 50 AO IR, brilliant from an air rifle to the .17hmr, also the IR helps if lamping as the cross hairs are so clear in the torch light.

Can someone explain regards "the lR helps regards to lamping ... lm trying to get up to speed regards, scopes, lamping and generally shooting at night, any advice appreciated .. cheers

Can someone explain regards "the lR helps regards to lamping ... lm trying to get up to speed regards, scopes, lamping and generally shooting at night, any advice appreciated .. cheers

It just means illuminated reticule , the centre of the cross hair lights up making it easier to place on the target in low light.

Cheers chaps ... lm at the very beginning of air rifle vermin control. Left it a bit late lol .. just so happened to pick up a cheapo air rifle with scope, and it has a switch that operate a light. Green/Red ..

Going to "attempt" a night on the farm sometime next week and have a go at some rats. Limited experience, limited equipment, lots of enthusiasim and hope lol

All lve got at the moment is a .22 air rifle, Lenser P7 "without coloured lens" and a farm yard of big rats. I often find, when you get out and have a go, you learn a lot from mistakes ... being a shotgunner, lve never even fired one in dim.light, let alone night. Ive had intentions of lamping with my .410 for ages, but never got round to it ... so l intend on putting things right .. its like a new challenge, lm looking forward to.learning ... :)