4 weeks!!!!!!!!

strangford  wildfowler

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know how you fellas wear them neoprene waders I hate them there a pain in the **** I like normal waders ( dont know what there made of) the one I have are thigh waders by vass and for £40 their the bizz

horses for courses were I fowl lindisfarne you need them only make you sweat in sept after that out on the muds forget about plastic n pvc there useless,friends of mine wore the latter but changed the next season coz you freeze in them!....I have had my greys neo's for 11 years and tha still gan strong :good:

I agree Kent , none of mine have lasted beyond 2 years and the last pair of neoprenes I got lasted only a few weeks. But I suposed it depends just how much you wear them. For the past 10 years I have been using Diwa nylon chesties , they are light and most pairs last two seasons and I use them 4-5 days a week through the season. I do have a pair of neoprenes hanging in the shed but I find them just too hot to wear in any weather. I overheat in the thinest nylon chesties if I have to walk more than a couple of hundred yards even in sub zero temperatures , but I guess its all to do with body temperature regulation.

Edited by anser2

I agree Kent , none of mine have lasted beyond 2 years and the last pair of neoprenes I got lasted only a few weeks. But I suposed it depends just how much you wear them. For the past 10 years I have been using Diwa nylon chesties , they are light and most pairs last two seasons and I use them 4-5 days a week through the season. I do have a pair of neoprenes hanging in the shed but I find them just too hot to wear in any weather. I overheat in the thinest nylon chesties if I have to walk more than a couple of hundred yards even in sub zero temperatures , but I guess its all to do with body temperature regulation.

I am going Vass shortly (they made Oceans but the Vass own brand are thicker and better imo) Ocean and Vass are the choice of the pro bait diggers and gill netters etc. round here. I like Neo for sitting in the tide or short walks out for the colder evening and moon flights but get too hot otherwise.

Longest lasting pair I had were RED BALL from the states Nylon / pvc with Great boots with a separate insulating sock (the clam fishermen use them on the Eastern seaboard), in the end a big Sea buckthorn bush put an end to them on a moonflight but it also put me in the operating room of the local Hospital

http://www.vassrainwear.co.uk/work-leisure-waders-c-37.html

http://www.vassrainwear.co.uk/ocean-rainwear-waders-clearance-stock-c-65.html

I am going Vass shortly (they made Oceans but the Vass own brand are thicker and better imo) Ocean and Vass are the choice of the pro bait diggers and gill netters etc. round here. I like Neo for sitting in the tide or short walks out for the colder evening and moon flights but get too hot otherwise.

Longest lasting pair I had were RED BALL from the states Nylon / pvc with Great boots with a separate insulating sock (the clam fishermen use them on the Eastern seaboard), in the end a big Sea buckthorn bush put an end to them on a moonflight but it also put me in the operating room of the local Hospital

Edited by Penelope

Some will be asleep in cars by now in 2 weeks time at our marshes. I will be thinking about the 10 mile journey and what have I forgot.

Normally by this time there will be people tucked up in there sleeping bags in their chosen position. For me the 1st is about avoiding the masses and hopefully getting a shot or 2. Give it a few weeks and most will be bored of the early starts and blanks and normal service will resume!

hope your not out of it for to long kes

i still cant believe how much i enjoyed it last year.. i joined up thinking id do maybe 2 or 3 trips at the most and ended up doing 9 and would have done more if i could have.. im scared stiff of water but i push my way through it and enjoy every second

i still cant believe how much i enjoyed it last year.. i joined up thinking id do maybe 2 or 3 trips at the most and ended up doing 9 and would have done more if i could have.. im scared stiff of water but i push my way through it and enjoy every second

Thanks for the thought - may your season be especially fruitful and enjoyable !

None of us swim too well with a rucksack strapped to our back a gun and chesties in the dark, I can personally attest to that! Furthermore the dog don't help you when it swims circles around you trying to help? on your way one handed back to the bank! Best avoid going over knee depth

Kiffy have you seen them fishintyres you wear like a life ring :good:

Come in green what could be better.

Get your dog a cammo floater swim vest and use him if you need to.

Don't worry you'll be fine as long as you can touch the bottom.

Sorry Kiffy but it is funny in a way that you like going into marsh and swamp and gloppy mud quick sand and can't swim, you must have rather large balls.

Remember what Rolf Harris used to say, learn to swim young man.

Seriously though Kiffy you could learn to swim before your first trip out.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Could be an advantage if you can't swim. Means you get off the marsh before you need to resort to desperate measures. You can still be good at the sport without being Duncan goodhew

Its a wonder that the clubs don't insist you need to be able to swim, with all the health and safety rules were got one more wont make much difference