no hope situation

yickdaz

I,,m due in work mon so trying to make the most of my time off so after putting fence panels in and building a new shed all week I thought I,m out today stuff it, io was only planning on 2 local perms so didn,t set out early left the house at 11.30am at the farm and watching by 11.45am not a lot happening the odd bird here and there a few flitting about but no real flightline after 30 mins thought to myself look at the other farm and come back a bit later it was the same story on there no flightline just a few in the trees and on the stubble, watched for 20 mins and it wasn,t worth setting up on so back to the 1st farm it was 1.30pm by now so I thought just set up and give it a throw because this particular place can switch on all of a sudden, after 2 hrs and 4 birds it didn,t look likely :lol: but come 4pm the wind picked up and so did the birds they started flighting from all over the place but two particular well used flightlines from over the years so from 2pm to 4pm 4 birds then from 4pm to 6.30pm 46 woodies down picked 42. 7 ferals 2 jacks. 1 crow .1 magpie. what a drastic turnaround and a few times earlier on I felt like packing up

post-21887-0-68092700-1408131090_thumb.jpg

Well done Daz :good: Seems we are all experiencing them on/off in 2 hour hits/lulls................weird :yes:

first time its happened like that this harvest its been steady away all session in previous outings it was almost non existent to start with today no flightlines not a lot of birds but I have shot on there dozens of times and they can switch on at the drop of a hat so its just a matter of sitting it out as hard as it is to do

Well done, Daz. the patience paid off.

You have got me wondering how many 100 bags I might have missed out on due to packing up too soon. I can get bored sometimes when the action gets a bit slow and when this happens with 60 or 70 in the bag I tend to leave. Hopefully my instincts haven't let me down too much over the years and maybe I did in fact pick the right time to quit more often than not.