Phoning abroad from a UK landline

steve_b_wales

Has anyone used the services of the many companies that offer better rates to phone abroad than BT? My landline is with SKY and I want to make a call to Tunisia.

Prices vary from 30p to 36p a minute. Who is the best that you have used?

Have a look at skype tarrifs steve, you can pay to ring landlines from it

This looks promising, with call to Tunisia costing 18.38p per minute.

As mentioned, calls to America, Canada, Spain etc are very cheap, sometimes 1p per minute.

You call Tunisa often? :-)

Basically nifty list agreggates all the various dial-through services where you dial a fixed rate number (say 1p, or 3p, or 7p perminute) and it allows you to dial through to the destination. I used to use this alot before I moved my whole home phone system over to VOIP.

You call Tunisa often? :-)

Basically nifty list agreggates all the various dial-through services where you dial a fixed rate number (say 1p, or 3p, or 7p perminute) and it allows you to dial through to the destination. I used to use this alot before I moved my whole home phone system over to VOIP.

No, I have'nt phoned before, but need to contact a hotel there, to pre book a room before I go there in September.The hotel is not responding to my emails.

Steve, if they're not responding to your emails, do you really want to stay there? :ninja:

Mike.

That did cross my mind Mike, but then I never got a reply from an email I sent to the hotel I stayed at in Egypt, and that was very impressive.

I'm not sure if they are actually receiving my emails, although I have'nt had them 'returned'.

Hotels may well have more than one e-mail address with the one on old paperwork defunct, try googling to see if they have any other e-mail addresses.

ps. for cheapest calls anywhere you can't beat FaceTime, it's free.

Edited by Hamster