iOS 8.0

Will Poon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i updated my iphone 5 and ipad 3 a couple of days ago, considering its supposed to be the biggest update to ios ever i dont see itt that different

roll on next june though to get shot my of phone... considering i love my ipad im not that happy with the iphone

I'm a bit hesitant to update as my iPad 3 is a bit long in the tooth and I fear the slight performance degradation will really annoy me. There are new iPads announced in October apparently - might be time for an upgrade.

I'll take my hat off to apple though - iOS 8 can be installed on devices going back to the iPhone 4S & iPad 2 (2011). Show me an Android vendor still supporting 4 year old kit.

On the subject of Apple, I ignored the iphone5 because people were saying the all new 6 was round the corner.

So, is the 6 any good and what's the best one to get. I think I can get one on a free upgrade.

Saying that, I might get one, eBay it and stick with the trusty 4s

You can get the 6 in two sizes I think. Ones normal size the other looks huge. In my opinion if you want the larger one you might as well have an I pad.

Updated last night. No issues or loss of pics. Think there is a fair amount of scaremongering going on about the update. I'm finding things a lot smoother on my ipad2 and there are some really nice new features in the update.

Now to update the other Apple device around the family!

Steve

The update crashed during installing for me, lost loads of pictures, even with the back up I did 5 mins before the update, some I didn't care about but I lost ones of my daughter when she was born, can't see much of a difference at the moment, most of the update will be aimed

At the 6, I'll be getting a 6 as soon as there in stock at phone shops next month, apparently health kit doesn't actually work at the moment?

On the subject of Apple, I ignored the iphone5 because people were saying the all new 6 was round the corner.

So, is the 6 any good and what's the best one to get. I think I can get one on a free upgrade.

Saying that, I might get one, eBay it and stick with the trusty 4s

I got a 5S to replace my 4S.

Only noticeable difference is it now doesn't fit in my top pocket so well.

The 6 is bigger still.

As for the update, my 5S said it won't fit and my indoors internet is too slow to download it.