School kids and coats???

KFC

When I drove to work this morning it was larroping down with rain, had my waterproofs with me.

Hundreds of children were walking to the local secondary school. Not one of them had a coat on, None of them were even carrying a coat so they hadn't left home with one and then taken it off so their parents must have known they were going out in pouring rain without one.

They were all just wearing school sweatshirts or even T-shirts.

Obviously that meant they were going to sit in class in soaking wet clothes until they dried. Made me feel cold just looking at them.

Is this a fashion statement or demonstration of fick?

What's wrong with a nice duffle coat with wooden buttons like wot I had?

??? ??? ???

There was something on Radio 4 on Monday about this very thing; one of the major causes given was that there is nowhere to keep a coat safely at school.

When I drove to work this morning it was larroping down with rain, had my waterproofs with me.

Hundreds of children were walking to the local secondary school. Not one of them had a coat on, None of them were even carrying a coat so they hadn't left home with one and then taken it off so their parents must have known they were going out in pouring rain without one.

They were all just wearing school sweatshirts or even T-shirts.

Obviously that meant they were going to sit in class in soaking wet clothes until they dried. Made me feel cold just looking at them.

Is this a fashion statement or demonstration of fick?

What's wrong with a nice duffle coat with wooden buttons like wot I had?

??? ??? ???

My lad has just finished school and never owned a coat during his last 5 years, nor did anyone else he goes to school with.

When I asked him he said he would have to carry it around all day as there is now nowhere to leave them. Pretty sad really.

I guess they never had the fun of just fastening the top button with the sleeves out and hood up pretending to be batman!!

I noticed the children catching the bus to the high school never have coats on. Someone mentioned they are not allowed them so I had a look on their website. Under the rules on uniform they list coat fastenings that are not allowed, virtually anything you can fasten a coat up with. So short of a pull on smock they can,t take them to school. Poor frozen little beggars. We thought our school rules were tough. At least we were allowed to keep warm and dry.

I noticed the children catching the bus to the high school never have coats on. Someone mentioned they are not allowed them so I had a look on their website. Under the rules on uniform they list coat fastenings that are not allowed, virtually anything you can fasten a coat up with. So short of a pull on smock they can,t take them to school. Poor frozen little beggars. We thought our school rules were tough. At least we were allowed to keep warm and dry.

No they've just gone mad. Story is that in at least one local school here the Teachers have been told to mark in green pen and not red because red is too negative.

My Sons school has a stupid rule, they can wear blazers inside school, but jackets and coats need to be removed once inside the school. Only first and sixth year tend to wear blazers! Thus instead of carrying a jacket about all day, they simply won't wear one! Only time I force him is if it's chucking it down with rain or winter. Stupid ruling if you ask me!!

I do love the idea's behind school uniform fashion - how to basically make a suit look 'fashionable'.

When I was at school we never wore coats, the sneaky smokers did, usually olive green parker style ones and they also used to go on about 'gange'.

Then, having the worlds shortest tie which looks amazingly stupid (I never did that fad).

Untucked shirts, rolling blazer sleeves up, and trainers with black trousers...

They ended up looking like a member of a fake American punk rock band gone wrong.

They get knicked or vandalised unfortunately

Nail on the head sadly,

When we were at school you took whatever coat you wore and hung it on your peg knowing it would still be there at the end of the day,

In a lot of schools you couldn't guarantee that today,

Sad reflection on today's society.

:shaun:

Nail on the head sadly,

When we were at school you took whatever coat you wore and hung it on your peg knowing it would still be there at the end of the day,

In a lot of schools you couldn't guarantee that today,

Sad reflection on today's society.

:shaun:

The coat or the peg? :lol:

At my school the kids have lockers but the majority still don't wear coats or use umbrellas. The smell in my classroom after a downpour is similar to a roomful of wet dogs. My only conclusion is that they are all nuts, don't realise they are wet or that unwritten fashion rules dictate that coats shall not be worn. Possibly all three....

Nick

In my school you are not allowed non regulation school uniform on school grounds or i might ad going to and from school, the reason behind this IT SETS A BAD EXAMPLE OF OUR SCHOOL

Well they can shove that one somewhere the sun doesnt shine, what absolute BS oh yes that includes gloves and hats i.e the wooly kind which you where when its so cold it would freeze the nuts of a brass monkey.

My daughter's school has just become an academy and are only allowed to wear coats purchased directly from the academy. As the price of the coats is overly expensive and the quality poor knowone wears them.

Yes my school has the same rule any ANY COAT MUST BE A SCHOOL COAT hmmm i dont think so not at £50 for a piece of rubbish clothing thats not even waterproof or warm ill stick to wearing my WATERPROOF AND WARM karimor coat