Springer Spaniel dog

Richard.Hosgood

Hi all. With a heavy heart it has become necessary to rehome my 18 month old ESS, Blue.

Blue was bought last summer as a pup to be a pet and working dog. With dark brown (not liver) colouring on white, he has been raised with children and another dog, and has a super temperament. Very gentle and loving. His father has good pedigree background with FTCH's etc all noted, mother wasn't KC registered but is a cracking working bitch, so hence Blue isn't KC reg.

Legally docked and dew clawed, he is not in the slightest gun shy (shotguns), and has taken to working like a duck to water, which I guess is to be expected of the breed. His first ever retrieved warm fur and feather were without a seconds hesitation and he continues to want to please in that regard.

He is fully house trained. He will sit to a raised hand and knows the basics. Working wise he will work to the direction of a raised arm, and not stray far. All this has been learnt with little effort to be honest, and in more experienced hands he would become an even better dog. For my needs, he does everything I ask and want. He's not been in a hide, I tend to do more walked up rough shooting, for which he works tirelessly and is not shy of thick cover.

He is entire. He is chipped and all health checks and vaccinations are regular and up to date.

I am looking for a good loving home for him, preferably a working one as he is so keen to please, and I will be keen to ensure he is going to be well looked after and exercised.

He is currently homed with my wife near Exeter, Devon.

Pricewise I would think that £200 is fair, and with that will come his cage and bedding.

Please contact me if interested.

Richard

20140713_120645_zps69c81ddd.jpg

20140705_125039_zps281e6f8c.jpg

Edited by Richard.Hosgood

I feel for you having to part with the dog. It must be really hard. I hope that he is homed to a loving sporting home. It would be nice if the new owner kept you in touch and sent pictures of the dog out in the field so that you could keep in touch with his progress

If i thought that my boy would take to having another male dog in the house, i'd have him in a heartbeat.

such a beautiful looking little fella!

im off to germany tomorow, but if he is still available when i get back i'll have a chat with the boss and see what she thinks.

• 2 weeks later...