Night vision for foxing

Kes

Anyone any experience of different makes of night vision for foxing?

I have been advised that Archer are the best out to 300 metres as they utilise the existing scopes magnification whereas the NV like the N7/850 operate well but with restricted magnification. The best option would perhaps be a Kite but with so many dodgy ones around they may be unwise.

Any opinions? Intending a budget of less than £1/2K but VFM and effectiveness are more important with or without extra IR.

I can only comment on a few types, I've used an N750 and own an archer. As you say low magnification would be my issue with the 750 and needing a dedicated rifle. Why I own an archer is that I can go out and sit in a high seat till dark using a swaro scope then at last light pop on the archer. Works well and you can see to 300 well with a nm800 but I rarely shoot at particularly long range. The plus points are uk backup and they are repairable if anything happens. A lot of the digital gear will be scrap in 5 years time as things will have gone wrong that you can't repair

A Drone Pro 10x will set you back £1649 & comes with a T20IR Torch - this torch is ok but an NM800IR takes it to another level ;)

They're the best Digital Night Vision scope available at the moment.

They're only available from Night vision gear, & are currently out of stock.

MODS - I'm not connected to Night vision gear in any way.

I have used a Cobra Merlin monocular with DSA and have had good results with it. Like most NV add on's, it works best with a parallax adjustable scope. I used my Cobra with my 22 -250 rifle, and for added IR, I fitted a Blaserlite with IR filter. I could 'see' for approx 250 yards with this set up, but only shot foxes up to 140 yards.

It cannot be compared to the likes of a Drone Pro, but for the money, gives excellent night vision. And the Cobra can be fitted to various rifles without the need to change the zero on the scopes.

Im an archer fan to as like having a day scope on my rifle and plus the archer goes on my air rifle for rats 17hmr for rabbits and 22-250 for fox you can also use it for spotting. iv just finished a home made gen3 which is also very good so you could go down that route if you wanted. my home made gen cost me £160 but i already had the gen3 tube anyway. Good luck with your decision.