Cooking video

steve0146

My girlfriend and her daughter and not outdoor people at all and never really been exposed to it. As a keen wildfowler, I have introduced them to various recipes but her daughter has still not been convinced. However, she came to watch me clean a Canada goose a couple of weeks ago and mentioned if I helped her, she would maybe give it a go. She is a typical teenager, constantly connected to her phone or ipad. I wondered if I could use this to my advantage and asked her to film me making burgers. She actually took part and cleaned a whole mallard, with me just giving guidance. She then filmed the whole process. It’s a great achievement and she will share the video with all her school friends as she is really chuffed to bits. Not bad for a 14 year old who is all about facebook and makeup!
Please give the video a thumbs up, or even better give a positive comment on youtube as I know she will monitoring it. Thanks.

Not a bad vid at all. Not sure about doing this in the kitchen i always end up with down floating about for the next few days. :)

I wouldn't dream of preparing pigeons in the kitchen! Way too many loose feathers and a nightmare to clean up. The ducks were ok actually. I was really impressed she breasted the other duck out.

Mouthwateringly good.I think you might be starting a trend as there's always an excess of game meat at this point in the season.I am fond of making up pheasant (pigeon/ partridge/ duck) pasties at this time of year;Just 'pop' one out of the freezer the evening before a day in the hide & it's an instant packed lunch.(Demo video may follow)?

Mouthwateringly good.I think you might be starting a trend as there's always an excess of game meat at this point in the season.I am fond of making up pheasant (pigeon/ partridge/ duck) pasties at this time of year;Just 'pop' one out of the freezer the evening before a day in the hide & it's an instant packed lunch.(Demo video may follow)?

I'd be interested in seeing that!

When preparing birds I fill one sink with clean water cold only and one sink with luke warm water with a little non-scented washing up liquid in.

I dunk the birds and give them a good swish about to make sure the soapy water penetrates down to the skin. The feathers don't float about when thoroughly wetted.

The soapy water works on wetting duck feathers as well as pigeons.

I have a bag on the drainer for the feathers to go in as I remove them. After feathers are gone and bird is gutted the carcase gets a wash in the plain water.