Things Kids Say

loriusgarrulus

When our daughter was ten we went to the local tropical fish shop. They had some tropical freshwater crabs in and we bought two for the aquarium. Daughter was so excited about these crabs. When we got home she saw some of her friends playing out on the street.

As soon as she got out of the car she went running up the street to her friends shouting at the top of her voice. "WE'VE GOT CRABS"

We will never let her forget this. :lol:

I watched a bbc 3 documentary with my 8 year old daughter recently, it was about poverty from a childs perspective , it wasn't so much funny what she said, but it made me chuckle and feel proud: family in London, apparently in extreme poverty , kids eating noodles for days on end etc, without any prompting from me, my daughter said - why have they got a big dog if they can't afford to feed the children and live in a flat! At 8 years old my daughter already demonstrated better reasoning than the mother on the documentary!!! The natural Tory in me was proud as punch !!!

While out walking the dog near a local pig farm recently my 3 year old was looking at the tractors as boys do a tree hugger type stopped close to us to let other pass, politely we passed the time of day she said to my lad "do you like pigs" his reply "crackle (what he calls crackling) is hummy in my tummy!"

She looked very shocked and walked on must have been a vegan

My 8 yr old not last week

We're watching tv 1 of them pawn shops in walks a bloke with a ww2 typewriter I'm there talking to the Mrs about my school days learning to type then moving to a 3.5" floppy drive non colour Apple thing quick as you like

Why wouldn't you just use your iPad!!!!!!!!

Don't even no what a typewriter was

Some years ago, I was clearing out my garage with the "help" of my 3yo daughter and would comment "that's dead" before throwing into the skip. A few months later, when I was told that my Dad had died, I went to tell her that we wouldn't be seeing Grandad again as he had died. Her response - "that's sad. Shall we put him in the skip?" It was one of those funny-sad moments that kids seem to provide.

The company I worked for organised an open day. So I invited a few friends and family to see what I did for a living. When we got there my boss showed us round and while passing a photo copier with piles of paper by it, my 8 year old son says in a loud voice “Daddy is that where you get all the paper I use for my drawing and paper planes”. With a red face in front of my boss,I did some quick thinking and replied “no son it all comes out of the rubbish bins”

About 35 years ago, in the car with my wife, her mother and our approx. 4 year old daughter. We pass an old Victorian school in Harehills in Leeds, and M in L says 'That's the school I used to go to Jenny', to my daughter. She replied 'Wow it's a wonder it's still standing'. M in L's face was picture...

Mike.