Caeser Guerini

sishyplops

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when cg have been around for 100 years and still working then I will put them in the same standard !!!!

OK, I'll just wait for my guns to disintegrate into a pile of dust :lol:

Sorry jmoz, but you're going to have to come up with a slightly better argument to convince me that you actually have a point.

OK, I'll just wait for my guns to disintegrate into a pile of dust :lol:

Sorry jmoz, but you're going to have to come up with a slightly better argument to convince me that you actually have a point.

You can't put a cg that has only been around since 2002 in the same standard of beretta, miroku and browning guns that have been making guns for hundreds of years and proven there pedigree to be some of the best guns in the world !!!!

I bought an Invictus last September, I was a bit dubious at first as to the quality of the gun but after removing the stock I was quite suprised with the fitting and finish of the trigger mechanisim.

Trigger pulls are very good, on par with a Blaser in my opinion.

The rest of the gun is very well made, wood to metal fit is excellent too, the only thing I have changed is to fit a Kick-eeze pad.

I've owned K-80's, Blaser F3, DT10, Miroku's, 682's and I reckon that the quality is as good as any other brand and better than some more expensive one's.

It is obviously true the CG have not been around making guns for hundreds of years. They are the new kids on the block and to have the success they have proves to me the quality of there work and customer service. They are supplying quality guns at a realistic price. I am sure that I read they are now the second largest gun manufacturers in Italy behind beretta, not bad in 12 years. I expect it has affected sales at a few other companies including the mighty beretta. But I guess we should wait another 200 years before we can give them a pat on the back and use their name along side some of the manufacturers.

They are supplying quality guns at a realistic price.

No more no less. I have been a fan of CG since the beginning particularly their astute marketing and head for detail such as signing RF to the brand. As Ed says the quality has improved and is now on a par with the mid range stuff from Beretta.

What you can't do is start knocking Beretta who are the oldest company in the world having made guns for 500 years, I bet my last penny CG would have taken a few apart in order to fast track into the market and why not, it took Blaser 3 times as long to arrive at a decent product even if they're still kidding themselves on the price.

Having said this I wouldn't put them in the same league as a K80 or DT10/11 or Perazzi, some are prettier but I doubt they could win an unbiased engineers test.

this is a good read: http://www.clayshootingsuccess.com/clayshootingblog/read_51558/cg-summit-reviewed.html

obviously a lot of this is his own personal opinion but for an olympic trap shooter to change from a fitted perazzi to a 'out the box' CG (albeit with an adjustable stock) says alot for the brand and design of the gun imho.

No more no less. I have been a fan of CG since the beginning particularly their astute marketing and head for detail such as signing RF to the brand. As Ed says the quality has improved and is now on a par with the mid range stuff from Beretta.

What you can't do is start knocking Beretta who are the oldest company in the world having made guns for 500 years, I bet my last penny CG would have taken a few apart in order to fast track into the market and why not, it took Blaser 3 times as long to arrive at a decent product even if they're still kidding themselves on the price.

Having said this I wouldn't put them in the same league as a K80 or DT10/11 or Perazzi, some are prettier but I doubt they could win an unbiased engineers test.

Agreed ref the marketing and as you say getting Richard Foulds on board was a major signing.

I don't think anyone's knocking Beretta (or any of the other guns) Hammy, and of course I'm not qualified to comment ref an engineers test. It would certainly make interesting reading though!

For me, the mere fact that any company has been doing something for "XX" years, is not in itself a default measure of superiority. In truth, I suspect what jmoz actually means is that the older guns are (obviously) more established, and clearly they have an enviable track record. And THAT can not be earned in 10 - 15 years, and to fair, I partly agree with that.

However to simply dismiss, without any kind of reasoned argument, what is self evidently a super product, is in my humble opinion a tad blinkered.

CG, as Ed rightly pointed out, did have a few teething problems with early guns. But this, (in my opinion - remember I have two CG's so far) has been more than adequately mitigated by a series of excellent reviews from highly regarded sources. And of course, the steady increase in the use of these excellent guns by club; registered competition and internationally known shooters has to count for something.

What CG has worked out is that whilst Beretta 68x series guns may have good mechanicals and an excellent action design, customers will pay a bit more to have a gun built and finished to a higher standard by a manufacturer and distributor network that actually cares about customer satisfaction.

Over the last 8 years I've had 3 Berettas, 2 of them new. The last one never failed to work but still had several things that should not have got past either the factory QA or GMK's. The finish quality was abysmal, the forend didn't fit properly and was unsmoothed bare wood inside, the recoil pad wasn't fitted correctly because of build up of stock finish under it and there were scratches through the engine turning and bluing below one of the ejectors. Also neither ejector had been properly fitted or finished and the trigger pull was upwards of 7lbs. Apart from the scratches and triggers I dealt with everything else myself. The gun was supplied in a crappy unlined plastic case with 5 chokes and 3 plastic pots to put them in. Not as much of a p**s take as Miroku's foam lined cardboard box but still pretty lame.

Last month I bought a CG home. Putting it simply, everything about it including the shooting experience is better than any Beretta 6xx type gun I've ever tried.

Beretta will have to up their game a lot before I'll be tempted back.

Edited by Westward

What CG has worked out is that whilst Beretta 68x series guns may have good mechanicals and an excellent action design, customers will pay a bit more to have a gun built and finished to a higher standard by a manufacturer and distributor network that actually cares about customer satisfaction.

Over the last 8 years I've had 3 Berettas, 2 of them new. The last one never failed to work but still had several things that should not have got past either the factory QA or GMK's. The finish quality was abysmal, the forend didn't fit properly and was unsmoothed bare wood inside, the recoil pad wasn't fitted correctly because of build up of stock finish under it and there were scratches through the engine turning and bluing below one of the ejectors. Also neither ejector had been properly fitted or finished and the trigger pull was upwards of 7lbs. Apart from the scratches and triggers I dealt with everything else myself. The gun was supplied in a crappy unlined plastic case with 5 chokes and 3 plastic pots to put them in. Not as much of a p**s take as Miroku's foam lined cardboard box but still pretty lame.

Last month I bought a CG home. Putting it simply, everything about it including the shooting experience is better than any Beretta 6xx type gun I've ever tried.

Very well said.

Great that's made my mind up gonna sell some of my accumulated guns and buy a maxum I think , 32" multi 12g will be the preferred choice I believe

Thanks to all who commented, I think it shows something when you type into Google " caeser guerini problems" and you don't get any hits

Good post as always but the first sentence nails it sufficiently anyway.

First question is would have to ask is if the gun you mentioned was indeed so poor then why did you leave the shop with it. Nomatter how much I am paying i will give any gun a thorough inspection before paying.Also the 68 series covers many models which are you comparing to. the entry level for CG as I can see is around 2k whereas beretta is £1400.so not really a equal comparison. Also in my own opinion if you buy entry level beretta you get not only one of the strongest and most reliable actions but also what are possibly the finest barrels. the wood i will agree leaves a little to be desired but then your CG is around 600 more expensive so nicer wood is expected. Whilst I believe that CG are perfectly good guns they are only as good as they are because they have the benefit of copying the major gun manufacturers who over hundreds of years have spent a fortune developing what we all take for granted now very good and reliable guns for them to copy.

Edited by bostonmick

First question is would have to ask is if the gun you mentioned was indeed so poor then why did you leave the shop with it. Nomatter how much I am paying i will give any gun a thorough inspection before paying.Also the 68 series covers many models which are you comparing to the entry level for CG as I can see is around 2k whereas beretta is £1400.so not really a equal comparison. Also in my own opinion if you buy entry level beretta you get not only one of the strongest and most reliable actions but also what are possibly the finest barrels the wood i will agree leaves a little to be desired but then your CG is around 600 more expensive so nicer wood is expected. Whilst I believe that CG are perfectly good guns they are only as good as they are because they have the benefit of copying the major gun manufacturers who over hundreds of years have spent a fortune developing what we all take for granted now very good and reliable guns for them to copy.

Good post also.