Older parents

ack-ack

Me & SMBO are "baby boomers" both born to parents in their early twenties. The up side is that we grew up with young, energetic, parents and had youngish grandparents who could baby-sit. The downside is that we are both now retired but cannot fully enjoy our retirement as we have elderly parents to look after.

I was 30 & SWMBO was 35 when our daughter was born, so still young enough to "join in" & enjoy but old enough to have a little more maturity than our parents. Our daughter plans to put career on hold or children at 35. This means that we'll both be quite elderly as grandchildren grow up.

Swings & roundabouts, I suppose.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack Ack,

Tell her to try not to worry about percentages. There are plenty of Prima Gravida mothers (older mothers who have first babies) out there who have had successful pregnancies and bonny babies at the end of the process. Be as fit as you can, look after your nutrition and start taking your folic acid before you get pregnant, have a talk with a doctor (that she respects) if necessary to go through care plans, tests that are available and go for it. You too stay on the straight and narrow as your contribution if you know what I mean should be in tip top condition!!

Prima gravida, oooooooh! Never heard that one.

We are trying to give ourselves the best odds, i'm on a spaff building diet and necking half the supplements in holland and holland, whilst avoiding booze and hot baths. I dont know if i could keep a straight face if she did the hatsan method but the gravity principle makes sense.

Me & SMBO are "baby boomers" both born to parents in their early twenties. The up side is that we grew up with young, energetic, parents and had youngish grandparents who could baby-sit. The downside is that we are both now retired but cannot fully enjoy our retirement as we have elderly parents to look after.

I was 30 & SWMBO was 35 when our daughter was born, so still young enough to "join in" & enjoy but old enough to have a little more maturity than our parents. Our daughter plans to put career on hold or children at 35. This means that we'll both be quite elderly as grandchildren grow up.

Swings & roundabouts, I suppose.

Thats the thing that got me a few years ago - there comes a point in time when if you haven't sprogged the chances of grandkids diminish rapido.

Like War and Peace init?

Yeah I can not arf waffle on at times :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Nit what i meant chap, it just sounded like an epic journey (hate that phrase by the way, it sounds a bit X factor)

OMG. it is Baton Rouge all over again.

Acks, there is a BIG QUESTION I want to ask you. It is important.........

Is it phil spencer?

Ack Ack,

Tell her to try not to worry about percentages. There are plenty of Prima Gravida mothers (older mothers who have first babies) out there who have had successful pregnancies and bonny babies at the end of the process. Be as fit as you can, look after your nutrition and start taking your folic acid before you get pregnant, have a talk with a doctor (that she respects) if necessary to go through care plans, tests that are available and go for it. You too stay on the straight and narrow as your contribution if you know what I mean should be in tip top condition!!

Or you can just continue to stuff your face with any old rubbish and forget about doctors appointments and care plans etc and just bang her brains out seven days a week until you hit the jackpot :good:

Edited by fenboy

Does she like cats?

Prefers Evita.

:lol: When you return to the kitchen for the sixth cup of cold coffee for that day, you've been up four times in the wee hours, you've never been this tired in your life, you've trodden in something wet on the carpet and there's a bit of lego implanted in your heel and you're word perfect on the complete works of the Reverend Wilbert Awdry (Thomas the Tank Engine) and even though you've prodded and kicked her beside you shes still laying there sucking all the air out of the room, the only thing that can save you is a sense of humour....you're gonna love it. My kids were the only things that could make me smile at 2.30 am.