What truck?

Harnser

Thinking of buying a new truck . At present I have a 2010 navara teckna pick up and it has been faultless and would consider buying a new one . I have been researching the Ford ranger , L 200 ,Toyota ,Isuzu ,and the VW amoroc . Price wise they are all much a like but none of them have the same amount of goodies as the navara . The navara has the most potent engine of them all and in my opinion looks the best .

Not bothered about any inherent niggles in any of them as the truck will have a minimum of a 3 year warranty ,although the Isuzu comes with a 5 year warranty ,definitely something to consider .

Should I go for another navara or should I have a change . Would like to hear the PW massives opinion on any of the for mentioned trucks . The thing that concerns me most is the running costs ,particulary the MPG . My navara is averaging 30 to the gallon ,which is acceptable . The 3 litre auto navara according to nissan will average 35 to the gallon , but the truck is quite expensive compared to the rest of them . Look forward to your views .

Harnser

Having driven and/or owned various ones, and knowing people in the farming/contracting businesses with various ones, I'd strongly suggest sticking with the Navara. Any difference in real-world mpg will be marginal.

Mitsubishi have now (as of Jan 1st 2015) moved to a 5 year warranty for new vehicles, though I do know that for cars it only covers 62.5k miles, commercial vehicles 125k miles. So you may be able to get a late 2014 registered one at a massive discount.

one thing that worries me with all new trucks is the idea that they all have about doing away with LSD`s and using the abs pump to control traction, sounds good in theory, less complex diff`s, computer control on everything, all landies I know that are used off road eat rear discs and pads (worst was a disco eating discs and pads ((genuine parts)) in less than 3,000 miles), plus the trucks themselves just seem to be getting bigger and more clumsy, if I wanted to drive a lorry I`d buy one

I am in the same predicament at the moment i have had a 02 plate hilux from nearly new great truck but fancy a change. I have been looking at a great wall steed they look ok and have 6 years warranty on new ones. the se model comes with a few extras ( i have a hilux with air-con) :lol: but MPG must be about the same or better than the hilux which i am getting around 36mpg so i dont know what to do used hilux or a new steed or sumut different

one thing that worries me with all new trucks is the idea that they all have about doing away with LSD`s and using the abs pump to control traction, sounds good in theory, less complex diff`s, computer control on everything, all landies I know that are used off road eat rear discs and pads (worst was a disco eating discs and pads ((genuine parts)) in less than 3,000 miles), plus the trucks themselves just seem to be getting bigger and more clumsy, if I wanted to drive a lorry I`d buy one

LOL that"s just landrovers for you always in the garage :lol::lol:

If you are going from a manual to a auto then whatever they publish you will notice a drop if the engines are the same. All you can do is test drive the options and look at discounts you can get to make your decision. I'm on my 3rd l200 and this one averages about 32 with a mix of commuting and shooting which is quite acceptable. Been a good truck so far over the last 10k but buying new not sure what I would choose other than it wouldn't be the steed

Very biased.

Been a Nissan fan for a while now as the whole family have had many trouble free years from em.

My last was an 09 Navara Kingcab which is older than your 2010.

Was faultless and regretted trading it for a "Family" Volvo which has had persistant faults.

If we can afford it then the next one will be the new Navara Auto without a doubt....

As an afterthought MPG- pah, who cares, when its reliability that counts.

Edited by Jaymo

If you are going from a manual to a auto then whatever they publish you will notice a drop if the engines are the same. All you can do is test drive the options and look at discounts you can get to make your decision. I'm on my 3rd l200 and this one averages about 32 with a mix of commuting and shooting which is quite acceptable. Been a good truck so far over the last 10k but buying new not sure what I would choose other than it wouldn't be the steed

My navara has a 2.5 diesel manual and nissan do a 3 litre auto that they claim will average 35 to the gallon . I don't know .

Harnser

Why not ??

My navara has a 2.5 diesel manual and nissan do a 3 litre auto that they claim will average 35 to the gallon . I don't know .

Harnser

Ahh. But what do they claim the 2.5 will do, and how does that compare to what you get ?

Do a similar reduction for the 3.0 auto, and you won't be far out.

Harnser

What do they quote your current one as? You'll be hard pressed to meet anywhere near the manufacturers claims especially if you go off road at times or put on at tyres.

Why not ??

They are a Chinese copy of an Isuzu and very unproven how well they last. If you are buying personally then residual value are liable to be very poor. Fine if you keep while in warranty and can sell for whatever it's worth at the end but some of the competition aren't much more to buy and far more proven what they will be worth in 5 years.

We run a fleet of pick ups at work and we've tried them all, inc hilux's, l200's. we've settled on the navara and we're on our second lot now, tekna models auto great in all weather and on all terrains, so reliable all we've done to them in the last 5 years is tyres and services, we also remapped them all which has returned excellent mpg approx 4 mpg better than standard through thorough testing.

We run a fleet of pick ups at work and we've tried them all, inc hilux's, l200's. we've settled on the navara and we're on our second lot now, tekna models auto great in all weather and on all terrains, so reliable all we've done to them in the last 5 years is tyres and services, we also remapped them all which has returned excellent mpg approx 4 mpg better than standard through thorough testing.

That's a Good shout for the navara

Harnser

Edited by Harnser

I've had navara's 52 plate d22 and later shape 56 plate then a 59 plate ranger. I preferred the nissans to the ford, but I've now got a vw amarok and it's the best by far tows plant trailer,cattle trailer and goes off road nearly everyday,been totally trouble free over nearly 4 years of abuse. Great off-road hill decent, diff lock etc. navara's available on a good deal at minute as new model due out soon!