Out Of Town

tosspot

The scene is set

it's Friday 6.25 in the evening

some one has to get up to change channel (remember doing that) to ITV ready for Out Of Town at 6.30

this week would Jack be sharing a hide with Archie for half an hour?

would he be piking on Romney marsh?

or even ferreting with nets and coney dogs?

or all too often would you hear the dulcet tones of your dad saying

"not ******* horses again"

......and what glorious nostalgia, I have a video and a DVD of him, top man. If you get the opportunity read his books as they are an eye opener of how far we have come in a century.

I shall never forget the time he was filming as part of a boat contest off Rye beach (Kent)........... He didnt catch so they hooked fish on for him to land just for the camera, top man indeed, not fit to share a hide with the great Archie Coates.

I wonder what they are both getting up to on their clouds, and what would they make of todays methods?

I suppose eventually it sneaks up upon us all no matter how young we might be feeling when the sun is on our backs. (this is getting a bit deep and meaningfull,lol) :( :huh: D2D

Apparently.......

A number of the films Hargreaves and Bréhaut made together for the 'Out of Town' series exist as videos and DVDs published by Contender. This material is not the same as the originally broadcast versions of 'Out of Town'. Southern Television was no more, so Hargreaves, now retired and having bought the original 'Out of Town' tapes started working with Steve Wade, also retired, and with whom he had worked on 'How'. Based in the village hall at Meonstoke, Hampshire, Hargreaves and Wade sorted, edited, rehashed and broadcast new versions of "Out of Town" on Channel 4. These comprise:

No. 1 Appleby Fair/Ramming Time, New Forest Point to Point/Apple Grafting and Kingfishers/Model Carts

No. 2 Sheep Shearing/Sea Bream, Sweetheart Story/Tyring a Cart and Farm Sale/Fishing in a Gale/Forest Fire

No. 3 Market Day/Minnow Trap/Lobster Boat, Iron Ponds/Lobster Breeding and Romney Marsh/Pumpkins

No. 4 Lambing/Mayfly, Mole Catcher/High School Horse and Rake Maker/Stage Coach

No. 5 Bee-Skips/Pheasant Shooting, Tidal Mill/Ice Fishing and Fly Casting/The Log Splitter

No. 6 The Hidden Stream/Deer Shoot, The Shooting Master and British Finches/Yerro’s Operation

No. 7 Stour River, Hacienda/Bullfight and House Building/Trout and Grayling

No. 8 Freeze Branding/Cider Making, Trammel Nets/The Coach Builder and Big Skate/Pannage

No. 9 Cod Fishing/Centenarian Angler, Charcoal Burners/Pigeon Shooting and Long Distance Ride.

Wouldn't mind a look a some of those......

Longtemps, longtemps de teau cheveux. Oh, Bodelair. Brings back such memories of Oxford. [voice over] followed by yet another anecdote about his sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman who had red hair and a poetry book stained with the butter drips from crumpets.

The scene is set

it's Friday 6.25 in the evening

some one has to get up to change channel (remember doing that) to ITV ready for Out Of Town at 6.30

this week would Jack be sharing a hide with Archie for half an hour?

would he be piking on Romney marsh?

or even ferreting with nets and coney dogs?

or all too often would you hear the dulcet tones of your dad saying

"not ******* horses again"

:( :lol::lol: Remember that well TP or even worse he would get out some obscure tool and you had to guess what it was :huh:

Last one I saw was, I believe, a disgorger for a terradactyl :lol:

LB